In-Depth Listening

roaches

Some cats on here tried to jump off a regular group where heads would all listen religiously to an album for a week, analyze it, and have an in-depth discussion of it. It didn't really get off the ground, mostly due to organizational/distribution problems. But now, in the yousendit/youshareit/rapidsahre age, shit is a lot easier. So I think we should do this, in the spirit of this refreshing week.

So, nominate three albums that you'd like to take a really good look at, for our own good. List them in order of preference. #1 will be given three points, #2 will be given two points, #3 will be given one point. Nominations will go on for 24 hours. Then, via one of these wonderful filesharing sites, we can distribute the winning album. In the interests of promoting lesser-known albums, #3 will be discussed the week after, and then we'll have another voting thread.

Good? Good.

roaches

Come on, this is perfectly legal. I'm going to PM everybody a coupon that they can redeem online to obtain a copy of the album. Perfectly legit in my eyes.

My nominees:
1. A Book of Human Language - Aceyalone
2. Nia - Blackalicious
3. '93 til Infinity - Souls of Mischief

Preach

^^
lol

list three new albums that you would like this forum to analyze and discuss in order from most favorte to third-from-most-favorite. it's that simple.

Dave D

1. Dazzie Dee - Re-Birth
2. Devin the dude - To tha x-treme
3. Ice Cube - Deat cetificate

The Dazzie Dee album was never released, but a bunch of promos went out. So uploading it wouldnt be illegal.

I remember when you did this last time my album won.. i think it was either the Goodie Mob album or a Cee-Lo solo.. but you discontinued it because you didn't like my choice or something.

Bobby Sands

I thought he meant new albums?
If we can choose older releases then my 3 are:

1.Funcrusher Plus-Company Flow
2.Warriorz-MOP
3.Muddy Waters-Redman.

roaches

I remember when you did this last time my album won.. i think it was either the Goodie Mob album or a Cee-Lo solo.. but you discontinued it because you didn't like my choice or something.
Naw, what happened was I got myself banned and went offline for a few months. If an album I didn't like won, I'd happily listen to it just for the opportunity to refine my haterism.

If an album I didn't like won, I'd happily listen to it just for the opportunity to refine my haterism.
I really don't find that hard to believe, so whatever.

Pretty much all my nominees were already mentioned, so i don't know if there's any point in me nominating again.. ? Do all nominees get voted for?

Anyway, here:

1. Death Certificate
2. The Diary
3. Enta da Stage

7 Syns

Organized Konfusion - Stress: The Extinction Agenda
Eric B. & Rakim - Follow The Leader
The Roots - Do You Want More?!?!?!

peace.

roaches

Pretty much all my nominees were already mentioned, so i don't know if there's any point in me nominating again.. ? Do all nominees get voted for?
Well, I was hoping that people would start nominating the same things over and over, so we wouldn't even have to do another thread, but you motherfuckers had to go and diversify on me.

So I guess there'll be voting in 15 hours. If I don't start it up myself (it IS the weekend, I'm looking forward to discussion but if I decide to go fishing or some shit I'm not going to hold back because of my internet engagements), someone else go ahead and do it. List 'em alphabetically, you're only allowed to put something you nominated in two of the three voting slots. Holler.

roaches said:
Come on, this is perfectly legal. I'm going to PM everybody a coupon that they can redeem online to obtain a copy of the album. Perfectly legit in my eyes.

My nominees:
1. A Book of Human Language - Aceyalone
2. Nia - Blackalicious
3. '93 til Infinity - Souls of Mischief
I nominate those simply because im curious as hell...I wanna hear em.. I could name 3 myself but I thought helping you out is a nice thing to do ha...

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.