Immortal Technique on Jin

What was the process of actually getting on the show, for people who may be curious. And does the signing of Jin to Ruff Ryder make you wish that you won a few of those battles?

"As for Jin, I'm very proud of Mr.Hollywood and a lot of people hate on him like..So what he won a bunch of battles against some no name cornballs on BET, but let's be real Jin has beaten a lot of really rough competitors, in the circuit in hookt.com, Braggin Rites, and other such large battles. People
have never seen a Chinese kid rhyme period, let alone rip kids in a battle. He wanted to get signed and he got what he wanted. But because of the nature of what I rhyme about and the depth and controversy of the subject matter, I always had something bigger in mind than just tryna get owned by some label. I have some bigger plans. I think he really gave people a bad illusion, that anyone can go up there and be 7 times a champion, kids need to realize that not everyone can be a battle champion. Some people aren't built like that, not everyone can be a Breez, CrayzWalz, Diabolic, Juice, Supernatural, eyedea or even a Jin. His skills are undeniable, I just hope he stays focused on his
music, and realizes that that battle shit only takes you so far."

http://www.artofrhyme.com/interviews/immortal.htm

Mr.Deuce

Mr.Deuce Wigalow: Male E-Gigolo
^^ yu post real hip-hop newz aal di time, wha gwaan?ppl out deh dont undastaan real hip-hop.underground.u real hip-hop head.big up everytime!

yayo

Deuce 7 Tha Psycho said:
^^ yu post real hip-hop newz aal di time, wha gwaan?ppl out deh dont undastaan real hip-hop.underground.u real hip-hop head.big up everytime!
Care to translate to English please?

yayo said:
Care to translate to English please?

If im correct what he said was:

" You post real hip-hop news all the time, wassup?, people out there don't understand real underground hip-hop, you are a real hip-hop head, props! "

Casey

Staff member
Dante said:
na. hip hop is about a message. jin is just another chino xl. entertaining but empty.
Immortal Tech is repetitive as hell, has no idea how to write a hit song, and will never push more than 'underground' units.

Not necessarily saying that's a bad thing, but Jin is independant and underground as hell nowadays (check his last album - The Emcee's Proper?Ganda) - he DOES have a message - and he can write catchy hit songs as well. Plus he's obviously a better battler.

I think Jin is a better all-rounder.

Dante said:
na. hip hop is about a message. jin is just another chino xl. entertaining but empty.

Agreed. More Novelty then anything', and I have no sympathy for someone who had the chance many more deserving rappers deserve (a label and a major CD with decent producers)

Militant said:
Immortal Tech is repetitive as hell, has no idea how to write a hit song, and will never push more than 'underground' units.

Not necessarily saying that's a bad thing, but Jin is independant and underground as hell nowadays (check his last album - The Emcee's Proper?Ganda) - he DOES have a message - and he can write catchy hit songs as well. Plus he's obviously a better battler.

I think Jin is a better all-rounder.
word.. IT is monotonous

Jins 1st lp was pretty corny.. But I bought The Emcees Propaganda and it wasnt as bad at all.. The production wasnt A-status but I liked the whole concept of it.. And that Top 5 song was hot. The last 3-4 songs he dropped were also pretty good especially that "Long Winding Road"..

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.