I'm embarrassed for Snoop Dogg.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
There's a long, long interview on dubcnn with Snoop. I dunno who or what Snoop thinks he is. But he is under the illusion he is the boss of the West. And that on his say so people wil or won't be rappers. He's speaking like he's a cross between 2pac, Suge and Tookie.

Does he really think he's the greatest on the West now? That he's the greatest there's ever been? Or that he has the power to make or break anyone? He has been smoking that shit too long. Check it out an let me know what you think, if you can be bothered to go through all his bullshit, I couldn't, I had to stop.

Wassup Nephew?

Dubcnn: Chillin' man. How you been?

I'm all good! So what it do nephew?

Dubcnn: You know, I saw that little video where you were saying that dubcnn needs some real Snoop Dogg shit on there so I thought we could make that happen!

Yeah! You getting good feedback on the [My Peoples] record?

Dubcnn: Alot of people that post on our forums, they real Hip-Hop heads, they still listening to the old school stuff, and they like this "My Peoples" because you just spitting on there. They like to hear you giving it up for the West Coast, basically, it's getting real good feedback and hyping them up for the new album!

So all this shit I've been slipping out to them, it's been like some hood shit where a nigga really getting his rap on, as opposed to just being so laid back and doing the Snoop Dogg shit. I was like fuck it, I'ma show them some lyrical content.

Dubcnn: That "Vato" track got some good feedback aswell...

We got B-Real on it now, so it sounds REALLY good now!

Dubcnn: He's doing the chorus?

Oh my god! Then I did a remix where I had Diamonique on there, and I got a couple of other Ese rappers that's on there, so we can put that Black & Brown together out here. I keep telling niggas, when you trying to put the West Coast together, it ain't just Bloods & Crips. You gotta get the
Mexicans too. If you don't have them it's not gonna be right. We always been fuckin' with them from day one, so you know what it is. And I just put together two more groups!

Dubcnn: Yeah that Western Union with Bad Lucc, Damani & Soopafly.

Yep, I put them together, and I got Warzone. Oh my god. You think my shit is super gangsta? Shit, I gave them niggas like... See it's shit that I can do with other people that I can't do for my record. Sometimes my fans don't understand the depth of Snoop Dogg. When I get on other niggas records for example when I did the Eastsidaz record, I could really get my gangsta crip on, on they record! Because it's that style of record! A Dogg Pound record, I can really do it this way. But on a Snoop Dogg record I gotta do it the way that I do it.

But I'll say this, on this Warzone and this Western Union record, these niggas got some brand new West Coast shit that muthafuckas is NOT ready for. The shit is right man, it's a good combination when you got Goldie Loc, Kam & Eiht, then you got Bad Lucc, Damani & Fly. These are all good rappers that can handle their own by theyself, but putting them together in a group just makes them a team, it's more structured and organized. I felt like, me bringing them niggas together would make it easier for them as solo artists to get a solo deal, as opposed to just throwing them out there solo wise. You know the game is not really fuckin' with West Coast right now. We gotta make ya'll fuck with us through unity.

If ya'll see us moving together, then ya'll gotta give us a little more respect like "You know what, we gonna fuck with the West Coast, it's cool, everybody from the West is on the same page." As opposed to "We can only fuck with Snoop and Dre cause everybody else don't like each other. I don't
wanna make Game mad, or I don't wanna make him mad, I don't wanna make Suge mad.." Now niggas is like "Man, Snoop Dogg took the lead and said fuck all that shit. If he say everything is cool, then everything is cool. Any nigga that disses a nigga from the West Coast, I don't fuck with him! And if I don't fuck with you, guess what, you ain't solidified. It's either Dre or me that can stamp you out here. Niggas in the Bay can't stamp you. It's only me and Dre! And Dre ain't stamping nobody... *laughs* Not from the West, if you're keeping it real! He fuckin' with Busta, and all his lil Aftermath crew...

Dubcnn: He got Bishop Lamont...

Yeah but, have you heard a record from Bishop Lamont?

Dubcnn: Not yet.

Not yet... how many years you gonna say that? No, not yet.

Dubcnn: I heard Dre made him re-record one bar, 107 times. So they taking a long time...

Nah, that's just how he gets down. I went and did a song with the nigga, the nigga made me do each word, word for word, until I got it right. See what people don't understand is, when you dealing with Dr. Dre, you dealing with a perfectionist. It's like if you dealing with God. So you have to be perfection when you do a record with him, because his sound is right, his direction is right. Everybody ain't prepared for that! Specially if you new. That's a veteran look right there.

Dubcnn: People still waiting for that "Break Up To Make Up" record...

Man that's the record that I've been wanting to do with him, cause I felt like that record above Detox out and any other record that I wanted to do solo wise, because they ain't never seen me and him together on a whole record, but you always know that when we together we the best.

Dubcnn: Hopefully it will happen one day...

If we were to do it, it would be real big, but Dre is different. I always tell him, like I went there about a year ago and told him "You need to can that Detox record and just get on this Break Up To Make Up because niggas don't wanna hear about you being sober!" You know what I'm saying? That's what I told him as a friend, like "They love it when we bombed out, doing what we do! You getting old but you still gotta keep that young flavor." That's why I don't think it's coming out right right now, because don't nobody wanna hear him, not getting high!

Dubcnn: I think one of the reasons that you still get the respect that you get is because you can go and make a record with the Pussy cat Dolls, and at the same time you can go make a record with Bad Lucc and Damani, that's what makes you stand out.

A wide range, you gotta stay versatile. You gotta deal with different people. I'm like a chameleon, I can just get into any enviroment that I need to and just make sure it's right! But notice that I don't never do nothing that's harmful to my career. I'm not finna do nothing with no suckas, I just do shit with people that can enhance what I'm doing. The Pussy Cat Dolls look like a different look, but it's some bad bitches and we had fun doing the video!

Dubcnn: I feel you. But your new record, is it more West Coast'd out with West Coast features and beats? It's probably gonna be more universal right...

Man that muthafucka is West the fuck out. West the fuck out. When I tell you it's West out, it's West out. I even went and got Brotha Lynch Hung, MC Eiht, Ice Cube, I got Game, everything you want from the West... E-40, Too $hort, from the Bay all the way down!

Dubcnn: I heard about a song called "Candy"...

Oh my god. That's the B-Side on the single "Vato". It's me, E-40, Goldie Loc, Kam, Daz & Kurupt.

Dubcnn: Damn!

Produced by Rick Rock. It's vicious.

Dubcnn: That Western Union track been getting some good feedback too. That "I Don't Think So".

That's a track that I had for abou six months, I just threw the hook on it and it was supposed to be just me and Eiht. But I didn't like the way we were sounding on it so I eneded up getting them, and they KILLED it.

Dubcnn: Not alot of people do that trading bars, bar for bar.

Yeah but see that's old school! It's like, we gotta put flavor back in the game! That's one thing that's missing from the West, it's always based on us thinking ONE rapper gone bring it back. It ain't gonna be one nigga that's gonna bring the West Coast back. It's gonna be a team of us that's gonna bring it back. Realistically, I ain't never went nowhere, and that's the only reason why we still alive, cause one nigga been doing his thang. But imagine if I had 40-50 rappers always popping up on TV, videos, movies... Like that South shit right now, in Atlanta. You got so much shit coming out, that even the bullshit is getting play. You understand? Just because it's from that area! Alot of good shit that they making too, but alot of that bullshit gets play, and they wouldn't even give a nigga from the West an
opportunity.

Dubcnn: They on top right now, everybody gets their turn.

Yeah I ain't hating on them, they doing they thang! But when the ball swings this way, we ain't letting it go next time. I was holla'ing at Nas the other night. Me and him was just chopping game and I was like "You know what? Cuzz, look what's happening right now. The West and the East, we ain't even
in the game right now!" He was like "Yeah." I was like "I don't like it!" and he was like "I don't like it either!" I'm like "So what you and me need to do is a muthafuckin' movie, fuck a record! Let's make us a movie to show two bad niggas from the East and the West, and that would definitely bring that shit back home where it needs to be." So I'm waiting on him to get at me, and let me know what he wanna do on that tip. He's dope as fuck, and he's one of the East Coast niggas that... If it wasn't for Jay-Z, he'd be, hands down, the number one nigga in New York.

Dubcnn: Right! Alotta people rate him higher than Jay-Z too.

Yeah because of his content and what not. He gets that other look right there.

Dubcnn: He's deep.

Yeah, and at the same time he actually gave him the business with that "Ether". So anytime you challenge the king and you can really stand in there and squab with him, like Holyfield and Mike Tyson, shot the crowd with some shit like that. It's not ironic that they cool now, nigga didn't want no
more problems!

Dubcnn: I think ya'll can move some things, if ya'll really drop that "Warzone", that "Western Union", we just had "Cali Iz Active", and then that "Blue Carpet Treatment", that's gonna be alot of West Coast records...

Man, you know what? Just to put it out there, I'm gonna go ahead and say it, cause I know you gonna blast the shit out there... They're about to make me the C.E.O. of Koch West. It ain't even no Koch West out here so you know what that means. I'm getting everything from thee muthafuckin' West, Brotha Lynch, B-Real, Xzibit, fuckin' whoever needs a muthafuckin' deal coming straight through me, and I'm putting that shit out.

Dubcnn: That sounds good man. Something alot of people always wanna know about is your relationship with Tray Deee. You just shouted him out on the song "My Peoples". Do ya'll talk? What's up with you and Tray Deee?

Nah, we don't talk, but that's one of my big homeboys. When he went down, he was intoxicated on them drugs and shit, his mind wasn't where it was supposed to be at. Me as a grown man, and I love him and I respect him, once he sobers all the way up, he gets his head on square, he'll know and
understand how much his lil homeboy loves him and looked out for him.

That's why I keep a good spirit, even with the "Ups & Downs" song, when I told everybody, "Nah, that's the homie for life." Just giving niggas a positive vibe as opposed to saying "Nah, fuck that nigga, I don't fuck with that nigga!" That ain't the way I feel. Even though at one part of my career
I felt like that cause we was always clashing. But, I'm a forgiving individual and I feel like, what he's going through right now is enough, I don't want to add more trouble to him, I wanna be a relief for him, and let him know he still got loved ones out here that's pushing him, supporting him, and I'm there for him. I'm a real nigga, you know what I mean? I don't step on niggas when they get down, I try to help them up when they get down.

Dubcnn: You got something new with Kokane on the album?

Nah, but Kokane came through though, I haven't put him on the record yet. He came by the studio and was pouring his heart out. He was in violation aswell, alotta niggas was in violation, just talking bad about me, not wanting to be with me. Then they realised that once they leave me, they ain't shit! It is what it is, I say it like that cause I muthafuckin' mean it. Every nigga that was with me, listen to how they sound, and then listen to what they sound like when they not with me. Garbage, horrible. You can't name a hit record that none of them niggas that was with me, that ain't with me now, that they made on they own! That goes for all of them!

That's why I was like, you know what? I'ma be the bigger man in this situation. Ya'll don't even see how ya'll fuckin' ya'll money up. Everybody loves Snoop Dogg, so if ya'll don't love Snoop Dogg, don't nobody love you. So you not gonna get no fame, you not gonna get nobody to support you, that's not the move no more. Suge Knight spent 8-9 years trying to make people hate me. That's not gonna work! What I put out is what I get! I put out love, so I get love.

Even Jayo Felony, I seen cuzz in San Diego like three days ago, brought him to my studio, we did some music, and now me and cuzz is loved up, and I'm thinking about putting his shit out! And niggas know me and him had problems! You feel what I'm saying? I can get him a lot of love, because he
was willing to forgive me for what I did. Even though I don't think I was in violation, but still, any time contact is made, it's kinda hard to forgive a nigga. So we moved past that, I'm just a changed individual on that tip. Anything from the West, I ain't clashing with you. I'd rather roll with you my nigga! It ain't that I'm scared of you... Somebody just gotta be the bigger fish in the situation, and really make the shit what it's supposed to be!

Dubcnn: You made alot of people squash they beefs, Daz had beef with so many people, and he been really calming down.

Yeah because he understands that he's not gonna win if he's at it with people. If you got a problem with a nigga, go get at him! The fuck is you gonna waste a song talking about him for?

Dubcnn: That's all postive shit that you're saying, it's a positive movement, I hope everybody gets with it. Because, you know, the Western Conference that you did, it was a real good idea. But I felt like, after a few months, alot of people kind of forgot about it already...

Nah, nah it ain't forgot about! Because if it was forgot about, you would've heard about a lot of radical diss records.

Dubcnn: I mean you know Spider Loc and Game were both there..

Man fuck that bullshit man, I ain't with all that bullshit man! Him and Game, all that shit, I ain't with that! I done hollered at Game. They need to cut that shit out. Because it's nothing, it's petty. First of all Spider Loc ain't sold no records, so he need to be cool with everybody right now. G-Unit cannot save you, cuzz. This is the West Coast nigga, you need to go according to the plan, and the plan is ain't nobody tripping with nobody.

So I'ma say it like this, any nigga that's tripping on the West Coast gotta deal with me. I got everything out here, so it's just like that. So nigga fall in line or fall out. We not having that out here, we worked too hard to get the game back in our corner to where people are looking to hear some
good music. They not looking to hear no diss music. Anybody can do that, nigga you don't move nothing with that!

See now you tearing up the fanbase on the West Coast, now they gotta pick between you and him! As opposed to pickin' both of ya'll! What makes more sense, if a nigga have to pick you or you, or pick both of ya'll! When they go down south to buy a record guess what, they not buying one, they buying all of them! It's not by accident why Snoop the only nigga that sells a million records on the West! The rest of you niggas get 9 videos and all this exposure, and still can't go platinum! I ain't even gotta put a video out to go platinum. Muthafuckin "Real Talk" got 2 million hits right now. You hear what I'm saying?

Dubcnn: I hear you.

So I'm just trying to pass on some good shit to these niggas, and sometimes I gotta go into smash mode, because when I'm too nice, they don't respect it. So I just try to take off a little bit and let niggas know that we don't have to be violent all the time, because the West Coast mentality is
violent. That's our natural habitat, to be like that, so why can't we be different sometimes, and create a peaceful movement for ourselves. We all wanna be tough, ain't nobody gonna fuck with us! They gonna be scared to make a nigga mad, they gonna be scared if something’s gonna happen if they
don't fuck with a nigga. Don't put the fans in that situation. Let them have the right of refusal to buy your shit and to love your shit, just because it is what it is. Not because they have to worry about making somebody mad.

Like back in the past, niggas used to be like "I wanna be down with you Snoop, but I don't wanna make Suge mad." Fuck making niggas mad man, if you trying to eat and you wanna be down with a nigga, come on nigga get in! I had to realize that too because I used to be on that same page, like I told Ja Rule and them one time, "I can't fuck with ya'll niggas if you fuckin' with that nigga Suge. I don't give a fuck, if he become your friend nigga, nigga fuck you." That's the way I felt! It was like, I had to learn to say "You know what? Your friends is your friends. My friends is my friends. I can't make you not like a nigga that I don't like. If that's your homeboy that's your thang my nigga. Just don't bring him around me!"

But that comes with time, it ain't no shit for the young niggas to accept. Nigga my enemy is my enemy when I'm young. But as you get older you start to understand, like "Hold on man, the real enemy is that muthafucka that's gonna lock my ass up and not be there for me." But guess what when we get locked up in the West, every nigga on the West Coast that got a problem with each other, soon as we get locked up, guess what. We all gotta be together. Cause when we go to jail we all on one team, that's BLACK.

So you better train your mind now with all that negative attitude that you pushing, so when you do something to a nigga, and you hurt him, and you go do your time or what not, that same nigga that you seen, all his homies in there, they gone become your homie and you all on one page. Then you really feel stupid, cause you're sitting up in there with a nigga that you done something to, or his neighborhood, and now you gotta be cool with him. You thought it was like that on the streets, but it's different in jail.

Dubcnn: You said you really trying to bring the Black & the Brown together too.

First of all I gotta bring the black together. Once we get together, then we can step to the brown. But at the same time, I'm the only nigga that has stepped to the brown, so I'm not bringing all of the blacks to the brown, I'm bringing me to the brown, I'm bringing them ME and letting them know that we should have some type of peace talk or some type of communication where I can put some browns in the game. Just make it a little easier so it's not so much tension, and it's gonna be easier to do thangs together. Like how it used to be in the 80's, when the Mexicans was our homies!

I don't like the fact that we clashing with them, them the homies, I got alot of Ese homeboys that I fuck with. They our brothers, they our homies, so why we clashing with them? But nobody realed up and stood up and said "What's happening?" I'm willing to stand up and say that, "look, we need to
be together man." I fucks with B-Real, I fucks with Cartoon, Esteban, all of them I fucks with. For real though. Joker Clothing, all of that, I've been blowing that shit up! My video "Ups & Downs", Cartoon tatted me up!

So it's like, we do this real shit man, because we feel like we are the generation that speaks our mind, we're not gonna lay down. So me being the leader out here on the West, I know and understand that you can not bring the West back, without the Bloods and without the Mexicans. I got the cripping! *laughs* I got that wrapped up, but I still gotta have some Bloods in the game, that's doing it the right way, a lot of them, not just Game. But 30 or 40 of them that's popping records, that's doing their thang. I gotta get some Ese's in the game, that's popping it, some hardcore, Surrenos, some real muthafucking mexican gang bangers in there, busting! Females and males! You understand what I'm saying?

Dubcnn: Have you worked with Omar Cruz yet?

No I ain't met cuzz, but I shot him a shoutout just because. I ain't gotta hear you to know that I'm fucking with you. That's what niggas gotta start taking in admission is that they ain't gotta be fucking with a nigga to be a fucking with a nigga. Just cause I don't fuck with you don't mean I can't shoot you no love and say "nigga I love what you doing and how you do it!" I know that record right there [My Peoples], it's throwing everybody off that I don't fuck with, that's hearing they names out of my mouth, like "God damn! Snoop Dogg gave it up for me?" I seen the nigga, the lil albino kid from Xzibit's group, what are they called?

Dubcnn: Strong Arm Steady. Krondon!

Yeah, I seen cuzz, he was just like on some other shit, but just to hear his name come out of my mouth is like... it's some other shit, you feel what I'm saying?

Dubcnn: You didn't just shoutout your homies, you gave a shoutout to a lot of people, even new shit like that La Coka Nostra, that's some good shit that's getting together.

Yeah I went from the I.E., to San Diego, to Pomona, Pacoima, Long Beach, Watts, the Bay, everywhere! Just letting niggas know, California is not just Compton, Long Beach and Watts, niggas think that's all it is! It's more to it than that. It's areas out here in California that's really hot like a
muthafucka, they just need the spotlight and it's gonna really take off! Like Atlanta got a spotlight right now, all that shit blowing up right now. But it's all Atlanta, same as Houston, 5th Ward, 3th Ward, 9th Ward, Southside, Westside, it's all blowing up because it's a movement! You understand what I'm saying? It's a straight bonified muthafucking rap movement.

Dubcnn: You hooked back up with Crooked I yet?

I ain't never really had no problems with cuzz.

Dubcnn: I mean have ya'll worked together recently?

Nah, me and him ain't never really like... To be real with you I ain't never really liked cuzz' rap-style.

Dubcnn: You serious?

I'm being real with you! It ain't never moved me like that. He wasn't like... To me, nigga, I had Kurupt on my team back in the days, cuzz! So if you weren't fuckin' with Kurupt...

Dubcnn: Crooked I can flow, he got the rap style down... He been waiting like eight years to put a record out, and he's still got a following.

Yeah but the thang is with him though, his base. Whenever you representing Long Beach, you can't go against Long Beach. So he fucked his off right there, off the top, even though I forgive him and I'm on that page... It's some niggas from the hood that's like "Nigga you not even from Long Beach!
And we let you claim Long Beach, and you diss Snoop Dogg for this nigga Suge?" So it's like, he fucked is off like that. A nigga like Tray Deee or Goldie Loc, they really from Long Beach, so niggas really from the hood can get away with shit. If you ain't from the hood, you can't get away with shit
like that, cuzz, and think it's cool!

And I'm not tripping, but it's still niggas that still feel like "Man, fuck that nigga." I'm putting it real right there so you will know what's happening. But people do what I do, so if I'm not tripping, ain't nobody tripping. I'm just saying, that is still on niggas brains, because it's like, you're not even a real nigga, from the hood. And you went rolling with this nigga Suge, and try to push that Death Row shit against Snoop Dogg, knowing that Snoop Dogg is the muthafuckin' man!

When I did that Pimp Slapp'd, like I said, you're just crumbs on my table, he knew exactly what I was talkin' about! Like I said, I check niggas, I was dissing Suge, but I was checking them. I wasn't dissing them, even Kurupt! I didn't diss him, I checked him, I let him know like, ya'll better know! On
that song I tell Kurupt "Nigga you better keep it crippin'" See I'm an educational person, at the same time when I'm dissing Suge, I'm checking ya'll. But you know like I said, I forgive everybody. So if Crooked I is reading this or hearing about this, I love you the same way I loved you when I first met you. No disrespect to you, I'm just being real. I didn't like your rap style in the beginning, because I had a nigga like Kurupt, that you couldn't fuck with! My mind was "nigga this is D.P.G.C.!" Then I had a nigga like Bad Azz! You couldn't fuck with cuzz. I had niggas coming from the underground like RBX, you couldn't fuck with cuzz.

Like I said, when I'm fuckin' with niggas from Long Beach, you really gotta be from Long Beach man. I need to see your TRW to see which school you went to, how many homies you know, I need to know what's happening with you. He don't have no TRW with me. That was the bad vibe of it all. But I never really dissed cuzz when he was on that shit with Death Row. I heard a couple of records where he got at me, but I was like "You know what? I'm not even gonna kill him like that. Cause if I smash him, he's done! Done. Finito." So I knew in the back of my mind that he wasn't thinking for himself, that somebody else was making him do this shit. Like if a nigga is pushing your button, got his hand up your ass like a puppet, telling you "Okay now say this, now diss him" And realistically, I feel like he never wanted it with me. I feel like he wanted to be with me.

Dubcnn: The thing was, at the beginning, ya'll fell for Suge too for a few years! I think he just went through that learning process, and now that he's out of that situation, he understands why he was wrong. He's putting out a DVD too called "Life After Death Row".

Oh he is?

Dubcnn: I think he just had to go through that learning process that a lot of artists on Death Row went through in the early 90's, to get to where he is now.

Yeah, see but he's from the second team! He's not a first team player to me. He's somebody you grabbed off the bench after the first team was already established you feel what I'm saying? To come clean up and really show them lyrical content, from the second team. The first team gotta be all heavy hitters, big weighs, some niggas that got that base where they know 500,000 people gonna buy their record. See a nigga like him, he needs to be in a group with two other niggas, to where niggas forget about his solo shit, and just look at his lyrical shit. You feel what I'm saying?

That way, all his past is forgotten about, and it's all about his future. Like he off to a clean start, he got two bad niggas, and he sounds good, bla bla bla, niggas just forget about that past shit. That's just a seed that I'm dropping, hopefully he'll read it and learn what to do with it. That's the new move, to put niggas in groups, and then bring niggas out solo. Get in a group with two more bad niggas, the baddest nigga gone always shine! Right now, Western Union, that nigga Bad Lucc is shining like a muthafucka! And he the only nigga without a name!

Dubcnn: I know and it's funny because I've known him for a while, and it's just crazy to see him hook up with ya'll. We had pushing him on the site for a long time. To see him come up like that was great.

Yeah man, Soopafly put me up on him on the solo tip, but I was like "Damn Fly, let me see him!" And when I see him I was like "Yeah he's dope, he can put it out solo" and then Damani he was always Soopafly's homie, I was always fuckin' with him he'd be on the sidelines, coming to the studio just listening. I was like "You know what? You niggas need to be together cuzz, all three of ya'll. It's a good look for you too Soopafly, as a producer, and as a aritst, cause you never really get yours. So you get with these two niggas and then that way you can blossom, all these great ideas you be having, now you can give them to some young niggas that got fresh fly shit! And now it's brand new!" That's what I do man, like I said I master my connections man. That's what I wanna do, mastermind connections, bring people together.

Dubcnn: How did you put that Warzone together? Goldie Loc, MC Eiht, and Kam. How did that combination happen?

Well first of all, me and MC Eiht, we done hooked back up. Eiht was like a childhood friend of mine, me and him battled in junior high school like in 1985. So we got a lot of history together. My thang was, whenever I got in the position of being able to help people, I always wanted to. And I felt like he never got his, niggas been saying "gyeah", stealing his shit, I was like "You know I'll get with my homeboy, so niggas can know where this shit came from." I went and got him and went back in the studio with him, making a few records.

Then, DJ Pooh brought me Kam. You know Kam always been my homie from the Eastsidaz days back in the days, but Pooh brought me some new music he had, and I was like "Wow, that shit sounds good!" So I was like "I'ma get with you Kam!" Stop him from signing with somebody else, and bring him here with me. Then with Goldie Loc, Goldie Loc's always been my homeboy. I was just feeling like "You know what? You too dope to be just sittin' on 15th street in the garage, making that local music. Let me get you back on the program."

Once I got all three of them in the room together, I just started making records with them, together, and we never had a name, we just like like fuck, it's Eiht, Kam and Loc. We gonna do it like this. Then we did a song, and somebody said something about a Warzone. I'm like "Nigga, that's the
group!" We was on it from there, cause everybody's living in a warzone, Long Beach is a warzone, Compton is a warzone, Watts is definitely a warzone.

Dubcnn: What do you tell people who say MC Eiht is washed up?

Shit... He's finna drive you niggas off with this one! He actin' up on that "Candy" single! The nigga sounds better than ever man, on some real shit. It's like when you get with Snoop Dogg, he refreshes you, the nigga sounds great right now.

Dubcnn: You sayin' he's better than on "We Come Strapped"?

Man the nigga sounds great man. He sounds great. It's like niggas is pushing him, cause you know Goldie and Kam don't play! I'm in there doing the hook, so you know niggas gotta come with their tripple A game! It's been nights when the nigga Eiht done wrote a rap, then he done heard the other niggas shit, he erased that shit, came back and did a whole other verse.

Dubcnn: How come The Game wasn't at the Cali Iz Active video shoot?

I don't know! I don't know, but that's my nigga. We still love each other. I got a song on my album called "Gangbangin' 101" with me and him on it. I ain't gotta say no more!

Dubcnn: You know a lot of people are doubting The Game's credibility because of the Change Of Heart tape that leaked and other stuff like that...

Aw come on man! We've all done shit that we ain't proud of today! But shit, that's part of life! I know some tough niggas that done did some shit that wasn't super-gangsta in the beginning of their careers, when they first started! That's part of life! It's all about what you doing now man! You can check a lot of niggas TRW and see who's real and who's fake, who's really living up to what they saying they do! It's a process after a certain point because you become a grown man and you really wanna live. Realistically, as I listen to Game as a rapper, niggas don't wanna fuck with that nigga! That nigga is hard than a muthafucka! On some real shit! On some gangsta shit! On some lyrical shit! On some giving homage shit! All that, that nigga bad than a muthafucka!

Once niggas hear his new record... I heard most of it. That nigga ain't got not one diss song on there! That threw me way the fuck off like I just knew this nigga was gonna be dissing somebody. This nigga crazy than a muthafucka, he gone diss someone. But that nigga ain't say nothing about NOBODY. You feel me? He got records on there where he's really educating the people on he grew, the way he feels, that's why I fuck with him! I wasn't even fuckin' with him for a minute! Cause I was like you know what? I ain't trying to get between you and 50, nigga! Because I was fuckin' with 50 before I was fuckin' with you. So I could never cross a nigga just cause he from the East Coast. That's why I wasn't fuckin' with Game, I was like "You know what? You too controversial, now you making me seem like I'm a sucka, cause you dissed him cuzz, and I fucks with cuzz. I don't get down like that." So I told him like if you dissin' cuzz, I can't fuck with you!

Then he came at me like "I need you on my record dogg." I was like "Alright nephew, let me hear it." I played a little basketball game with him, he came by the studio and brought his record, I got on that, and then I was like "Hold on, let me make us one." My nigga Terrace [Martin] made me a beat, for him, and we ended up makin' that muthafuckin' "Gangbangin' 101." It's one of the hardest songs on my record. I'm talkin' about Gang Banging 101. Every Blood nigga and every Crip nigga in L.A. gonna love this shit for ever!

Dubcnn: Terrace Martin, he been on the team for a few years, but we've just been starting to hear about him on some records...

Yeah but he been really doing shit for a long time!

Dubcnn: I met him on the Roc The Mic tour in like 2002 or something.

Yeah he's been making heat, that's what he do! So niggas is not thriving for that spotlight, they more concerned with making that hit record. That's what he was more concerned with, he was never the nigga that wanted his name blasted on every song, he was just into making hot shit! That's what I love about him, cause nigga you gettin' your craft down first. Fuck having your name screamed all on a record if you ain't really doing shit! I don't want niggas screaming my name unless I'm doing some HOT ass shit.

Terrace, he's a student of Battlecat, so he comes from the school of Battlecat. Alot of these niggas is Battlecat understudies that ended up becoming big, because Cat gives niggas room like that. Cat, he's a real nigga too, cause him and DJ Pooh are the only niggas that I know, that would give another producer they muthafuckin' drum files! All of them!

Dubcnn: I know Goldie Loc had Battlecat's MPC!

That's what I'm trying to say! That's how real niggas is, they GIVE other niggas a shot to become something! Like "Ok I'ma give you my drumfiles, you get cracking and make some hot shit." Niggas like "Nigga you just saved the day! You gave me all that good shit in there!" That's that shit!

Dubcnn: You got Battlecat on the new record?

He got a song on there he did with me called L.A.X., with me and Ice Cube.

Dubcnn: The features sound crazy man. I mean I read on MTV, it said R. Kelly, Janet Jackson, Ne-Yo and all that shit, but now you saying you got all these West Coast cats on there too... You got any solo songs on there?

Yeah I got a lot of solo songs on there man. It's like I'm in a stage right now where I have meetings with people, and I gave my peoples like eight records to play for them, just to see if I was gonna use these records on my album. These records are getting great reviews, like everything that I let people hear, it's getting great reviews! I ain't getting no "Nah, actually this is kind of weak. That's wack." Nigga's been like "That shit is hot!" I'ma have to figure out what the fuck I'm gonna put on this record! Cause I got so much shit now, it's like some of that R&B shit don't fit on this record. It's gonna clash if I got super-gangster shit goin' hard on a bitch, and then "Hey girl, I love you." *laughs* That shit clashes, so now this is the hard part, the editing part, so this record really sounds like something.

Dubcnn: So what route you going for?

Gangsta. Back to the hood.

Dubcnn: People gonna be happy to hear that.

I ain't been in the hood for a minute, they seen me go pop for a minute, R&B, all that other shit, but it's like "nigga, go back to the turf man!" Dirty finger nails, hair not braided, khakis on for four days, drankin' 40oz, fuck some champagne!

Dubcnn: Fuckin' with Dubcnn...

Exactly! Off the top! You know when I got this 40oz in my hand this O.E., you know I done took it back home! Fuck some champagne, nigga we bringing 40oz to the club punk! Just so we can bust one of you niggas upside the head with this thick ass bottle! *laughs*

Dubcnn: You crazy.

That's real! That's how I'ma have my record release party. It's gonna be all muthafuckin' 40 ounces, we don't want no champagne. I'ma have bitches and everybody drinkin' 40's nigga! It's gonna be so hood up in that muthafucka. It's like a straight hood house party, with all blue carpet on the muthafuckin' floor! Every nigga from the West will be there, I want it to look like some blue'd out shit, like "This nigga Snoop Dogg is a fool!" He got 40 ounces in the club, no champagne, everybody gotta drink 40's! I did it one year, at my house, like a little BBQ I had for my record "Tha Last Meal", had everybody drinkin' 40's, had all them white folks at the pad drinkin' 40's and shit. That shit was live than a muthafucka. 40 ounces and chicken.

Dubcnn: I hope it's gonna work man. You saying that everybody says that the new songs is off the hook. Now some people would say that's because when you're a superstar, you got a lot of yes-men around you, and you don't really have somebody like the D.O.C. anymore, who just really lets you know what's good and what's not, like on Doggystyle or The Chronic.

Yeah, but I gave my record to Dr. Dre. That's the same thang, so...

Dubcnn: He probably gonna be honest with you.

Exactly. He's the only nigga I be nervous about. On some real shit, everybody I don't give a fuck about, but him, when I play him my shit, I'm like a little ass kid. I get nervous like "Man, I hope this nigga likes it!" I gotta wait for him to tell me what he feel about it, and it's becomes like a waiting game with him. But if he likes it, trust me, muthafuckin' everybody gonna like it. He's one hard muthafucka to please! God damn! God damn it's hard to please that nigga man. On some real shit, like damn! Whooo.

Dubcnn: People just wish he would try to use his power and position in the game to help out some West Coast artists.

I know, muthafuckas is sayin "If he was to do what Snoop Dogg is doing, it would be way more West Coast artists in the game!" Even if he was doing half of what I am doing! But see, Dr. Dre is not like me. Dr. Dre is perfectionist. I'm dirty, I'll fuck with some niggas who's shit ain't all the way together, who ain't got the sound right, or who's mic ain't right. His shit is like, you got to be 100 with him. I fuck with niggas 75, 35, 40, and I give them a shot and bring them up to 100.

He's at the end of his career where he don't really have that much time to be developing and spending all that time creating. That's why all the new acts that he gets never come out!

Dubcnn: Rakim left him, so it's gotta be something wrong!

All the new artists that's with him, either they never come out, or when they come out, he don't do they whole records! It was never a time, when you was with Dr. Dre, and he didn't do your whole fuckin' record!

Dubcnn: He only did like six songs on Busta Rhymes shit.

Are they the ones that stand out or are they just six songs? That's just a real question, like what do you mean by that. How many of them songs are become singles? How many of them songs is gonna get 5 mics? How many of them songs is gonna really help Busta Rhymes do what he trying to do! To me, the best produced tracks on Busta Rhymes album is Swizz Beatz, DJ Scratch, other niggas man, not Dre. Sha Money, them niggas came with it!

But I know that Dre's mixing, made they shit sound the way it sounds! So they can't have full credit, when I know what his mixing sounds like. Like the song with Stevie Wonder on Busta Rhymes album. Sha Money did the beat, but I know Dr. Dre made the muthafucka sound the way it sounds.

Dubcnn: I know, when you listen to it you think it's a Dre beat!

But Dre didn't do it, Sha Money made the beat and Dre brought it to life. That's what Dre is really exceptional at. He's really exceptional at taking some shit that's 100, and making the shit look like 200! He don't fuck with shit that's 65-70. He only fucks with shit that's 100. So the producers that Busta selected gave him some 100. But like I said, back in the days, if you had Dr. Dre as your CEO, why the fuck wouldn't he produce your whole record? He would thrive to do that!

So it's like, that energy isn't there no more. My first record he did the whole thang, his first record, whole thang, D.O.C. whole thang, Eazy whole thang, N.W.A. whole thang. His energy man. When he did the whole thang, look at his results! 3-4-5 million. Eminem's first record, whole thang.

Dubcnn: Don't be saying that man, you saying Dre is losing his energy, what's gonna happen to Detox?!

I'm not saying he's losing his energy, I'm saying that the drive ain't there. I know what the drive is. The drive is, him calling me, and me bringing every muthafuckin' West Coast artist that there is to him, at his disposal, to make this record sound like something. Get all the niggas that ain't from the West out of there. And that ain't with no disrespect. You need a West Coast muthafuckin' record. Period. And I told him that! Because you can do that! You're Dr. Dre! You don't have nothing to prove by getting out these niggas that ain't from out here! You would look way better, if you support the West, and have West Coast niggas on your muthafuckin' album, for that Detox, and bang it like we did on the Chronic!

Dubcnn: Exactly.

But that's my Godfather, so sometimes I can't talk to him like that. Because he only does what he does, and my visions sometimes are my visions. But I know if he was to do it like that, instant 4 million sales off the top.

Dubcnn: They would love it man. They loved the Up In Smoke Tour.

Yeah, because it was all West! Except for Eminem. But it was all West. Like you said, people want Dre to support the West more. That's the only way he can, is by putting niggas on his Detox record, and making them make his record sound like it's supposed to sound! Other than that, it's just gonna sound like... I don't know what it's gonna sound like, I ain't heard nothing. And I've been hearing about this record for four years!

Dubcnn: That just sounds like a dream right now, the record you talked about. I don't think that's gonna happen.

It can happen, and I talk to him about that. He tells me he wants to wait until he gets his shit rolling, then he wants me to bring them in. But I'm like "Nigga you need to get them in, to GET your shit rolling. You need to have a vibe of where you're going, and then you can say "Well I don't need ya'll no more, I need him, or I just need him." But you need that energy in there from niggas that love you.

It's like, he's never done a song with E-40 before. He never did a song with MC Eiht before. He never did a song with a lot of muthafuckas from the West, that I know if they had his beats they would KILL that shit! They would only make his shit sound that much more better, and him as a producer, he would blossom! But that's just my opinion, and I don't know everything, I just know what I know.

Dubcnn: We gonna see what happens... Maybe one day!

No it's gonna happen... To be real with you, that record ain't coming out unless I'm on it!

Dubcnn: What would a Dr. Dre record be without a Snoop song? That doesn't work.

I can't see it working... That ain't no disrespect to Dre, cause he's the shit without me! He was the shit before me. But it's just a chemistry that muthafuckas is looking for right now. Don't run from it, run to it, it's here! I'm on Geffen Records, that's the label that's right next to Interscope, that Jimmy Iovine runs, so I'm here with you baby! Use it!

Dubcnn: Dre's always going to be able to do what he wants to do, I guess it's just about getting his mind right.

Yeah! And using the right pieces to the puzzle to make the puzzle look like it's well connected. Because all the work I'm doing for the West Coast, could not compare to if Dr. Dre was to say "You know what Snoop? Ima stamp you. All these West Coast acts Ima give you one beat, each one that you put out." Now what the fuck would that do? Tell me! You know what it would do! It would make muthafuckas like "Damn! We got a beat from Dre?!"

Dubcnn: Everybody dreams about it, and I know he got a lot of beats... I feel him too because he's done reached everything you can reach so he can choose what he wants to do. But it would help so many people if he chose to give out more.

Yeah, and at the same time, when we get so far in our careers, we gotta know when to go back. Like on this next record, I could go wayyy pop, or wayyy R&B and forget all about the hood, and I would probably sell more records! But I know and understand that if I don't do this hood record, I'm might not be able to be here ten years from now, with my real people that love me. You gotta give them people back, cause they're the ones that made you. We love Dr. Dre for making that street West Coast gangsta music. We love him for that.

So, Dre, if you're reading this, come back home my nigga. Let's put this shit together and let's get this Detox record sounding good, it would open up so many doors for these West Coast artists!

Dubcnn: So you're basically shitting on everybody that said you sold out after the R&G record, right?

I don't think I sold out!

Dubcnn: But you shittin' on the people that said that you sold out.

Yeah yeah! Because people wasn't seeing that Snoop Dogg is chameleon. He's adaptable, he's able to get down in any environment. I wanted to show people that I don't have to go hard on a bitch every muthafuckin' record, I don't have to disrespect to make hot records, I can make hot records with a nigga like Pharrell and get on another tip. Not only that, that muthafuckin' "Drop It Like It's Hot" is one of the muthafuckin' most gangsta records I ever heard and I ever been on! To be real with you! When that shit came out, pshh, man please! Every nigga from the West, the East Coast, the South, everywhere was bowin' down to a nigga like "Nigga you did that." That's why I jumped on the R&G tip because I felt like gangsta ain't going nowhere, let me go R&G real quick. Just to show niggas that I'm a chameleon, that I can do it all.

When a nigga did that, yeah a few people said "Yeah he went soft, he did this he did that." But then I dropped "Ups & Downs" right before the record was over with to let people know "Hold on! I been through ups and downs my nigga, this is what it is." That made muthafuckas really thoroughly feel me. That's why when I put that Dogg Pound record out, now it's like "Yeah he's back in the hood again." Now the "Blue Carpet Treatment" niggas is hearing about the singles and the unreleased music that I'm dropping and the shoutouts and the West, and this and that. So I know what I'm doing, I walks my walk.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
I'm embarressed for Snoop Dogg.

Dubcnn: I really didn't think it was gonna happen again after I heard the record with Justin Timberlake. I thought okay, this is a different Snoop Dogg now. But you seem to kind of be going back to the old, Snoop DOGGY Dogg.

Yeah I never left! But you gotta understand one thing. Pharrell has been driving my career for the past two years, and nobody even knows that. When I go to the studio with him he's like my Dr. Dre. That R&G record, he basically put that on me, like "You know what nigga, you a bad muthafucka, we gonna make these kind of records on this album. We gonna make these kind of songs. Get Justin in here, get this in here." I was with it! I was like "nigga whatever". And with the Justin Timberlake song, I won a European MTV Award, and an Australian MTV Award. Never won a MTV Award outside of America with any other song I made. I won two with that one fuckin' song.

Then the song was number one on the fuckin' UK charts for three weeks, then my song "Step Yo Game Up" was number five on the Australian charts for five weeks, so it's like that record wasn't a soft ass record. It's just the looks that you see, when you seen Let's Get Blown, and Justin Timberlake. But that was one or two songs! But it was shit on that muthafuckin' record like "Can I Get A Flick Witchu", it was gangsta shit on that muthafuckin' record! I never lose my touch, it's just all about what I put out. What you see if what you believe. That was a great look for me because what it did was, it showed the white folks that I could do they style of music. How else can I get a song with the Pussycat Dolls, or Mariah Carey, if I didn't show that I had that in me. You understand what I'm saying?

Dubcnn: But on this new record, you pickin' the hood over the top spot at the European Music Awards and shit like that?

I mean that shit felt funny man, because I got there late right? The niggas just told me I was presenting an award. I got there late with some house-shoes on and some sweats and tank top. Then the muthafucka told me "Snoop Dogg, you won an award, they finna call your name right now!" As soon as I got out the car! It's like 10,000 fans screaming for me and I didn't even know this shit was gonna happen! So I win my award, and after I win my award, I come back to present an award, they screaming like a muthafucka! I'm like "Man this is some other shit over here!" The little Justin video, muthafuckas is loosing it I'm like "Uh oh, okay. I see what I done did!" I done did stepped into Justin's world, and brought his world to mine!

See niggas don't know how to do that, how can you connect another mans world, and make it yours? Now instead of me having three million fans, I got 13 million fans! What's wrong with that? Snoop Dogg is the most likeable, lovable gangsta rapper you ever wanna meet. But at the same time he can become ugly and gorilla and gangsta too. But it's no need to show that face, this is business right? I'm in it to win it man, like I said, I'm in it for the game.

I always tell niggas, I coulda went on some Snoop Dogg shit and just said "Ay Dre, do my next record." and just lock down and be like "Fuck all yall I got the hottest shit on the West, and I'm the reason bla bla bla". But I'm not selfish. I coulda smashed everythang and did that. Cause he's at my disposal. But I'd rather fuck with other producers, other artists, and just give niggas an opportunity that I feel deserve it. Cause I fuck with Dre, it's not gonna be Terrace Martin, it's gonna be Battlecat, it's not gonna be Soopafly. All these niggas is gone! It's gonna be Dr. Dre produced by. Even if ya'll produced it! You feel what I'm saying?

Dubcnn: It's crazy you say that though. A lot of people been saying that for a long time.

Nah, but when I say that, it's not disrespect, because them niggas will bring a track that sounds cool, but when he's finished with it, that muthafucka is immaculate. Like for example if you were to hear the Stevie Wonder song that Busta Rhymes brought to Dre before Dre touched it, you would think it's two different songs.

Dubcnn: But he still should get some production credit though.

But, at the same time, Dre didn't take that from Sha Money. And when he was doing that for niggas back in the days, they didn't deserve to have their name in the game like that, because he did all of the work! So what you found a sample and you got a cool little drum file, but he brought the shit to life, so he really produced the track! Producing is bringing the track to life! Beatmakers make beats. A lot of niggas make beats. He produces tracks. So that ain't disrespect what I'm saying. I'm just telling you what's real.

I seen him make tracks from scratch. My whole record the nigga made damn near everything from scratch. "Ain't No Fun", Daz and Warren G brought him the little *sings melody*, that's all they had! Dre took that muthafucka to the next level! Warren G brought in the Donny Hathaway, "Little Ghetto Boy, laying in the ghetto streets." Dre flipped it like "Hold on, gimme that!" Took that muthafucka and made it straight hit!

Dubcnn: So you're saying it's wrong that Daz or Warren G would claim that they didn't get the credit they deserved on The Chronic or Doggystyle?

I'ma say it like this: they didn't deserve the credit back then because they didn't do the work. They made beats, Dre produced that record. Point blank, and I'd say it in they face. They made beats, cuzz produced the record. If you a real nigga in the rap game, you'll understand what I'm saying. I can make a beat, but I can't produce! I can make a beat, but can I tell a nigga what to rap about, can I tell him when to come with the hook? Can you break the beat down? That's what producing is.

Dubcnn: Right, but if I brought in the beat, I would still want my name somewhere.

But, if you brought in the beat, that's all you did, was brought in the beat. You didn't produce this record. This song says "Produced by" not "brought in the beat by". Keep it real! So that's what niggas got wrong, and they started pointing fingers and try to bad mouth him, when in actuality Dre doesn't need ya'll, ya'll needed him! Because this shit ya'll learned from him, that made ya'll better producers. He didn't learn shit from ya'll! See that's what niggas don't understand! Before The Chronic, how many hit records did Dre have before that? Everything he made was a hit record right?

Dubcnn: Right.

How many hits did Warren G make, how many hits did Daz make? None. None. Okay now, look at the tracks that they produced on The Chronic. Did they have any records like that by theyselves? No. You answer the question for me!

Dubcnn: Maybe on Dogg Food?

Come on man! Dogg Food was produced by Soopafly, Daz and Dr. Dre!

Dubcnn: Dre mixed it right?

No, Dre produced a lot of that shit! I'm telling you, Daz and them brought Dre beats, and he produced the muthafuckas! "What Would You Do" was just a beat that Daz had did. That "bu-bump, bu-bump", the nigga Dre put all that shit on it, that *sings* What would you do, whaa *sings* just to give it that other shit! I'm telling you what I know man! Niggas gotta give Dre the ultimate respect. Niggas try to bash him and cut his knees down like he didn't do nothing nigga, he's the saviour man! Because what he did was, he showed niggas how to produce. Because niggas was good at making beats, but he showed you niggas how to produce! If ya'll had really did what ya'll say ya'll did, ya'll woulda put records out that sold 3-4 million on your own, like he did. I still have to see it!

All the records that they put out solo wise, GARBAGE. Warren G's last record, HOT TO DEATH. The records in between, I don't know. And these are my homeboys, I don't lie to you, I tell it like it is!

Dubcnn: You don't like the Retaliation, Revenge & Get Back?

He was dissing me!

Dubcnn: I know, but it was still a good record!

I don't give a fuck! I don't like records with niggas dissing me! What I look like man? I didn't smash him though. I had a record I did with Mack 10 that woulda shut is whole career down. I told him and I let him hear the record, I told him "Nigga, I'm gonna let you get away with this cause you're my little cousin, and you rolling with Suge. I'ma let you get away with it." But in actuality I shoulda smashed his ass and kicked him out of the game, but that ain't the type of nigga I am! I love Daz and I know he was brainwashed! That would've been Suge's goal, to make two niggas lose for the price of one. So that's why I say I never really listen to that record cause I know the nigga was dissing. But it didn't sell no units!

Dubcnn: It went gold..

It didn't go gold. They bought 300,000 copies of that record. See you didn't know that though.

Dubcnn: Nah I didn't know that. That's some crazy shit.

I keep my ears to the streets man. I'm glad you're hollering at me though, my nigga! Cause I feel like ya'll niggas is like the connect to what we do. I'm thankful for ya'll, because if it wasn't for ya'll it wouldn't be nobody really representing this West shit and giving both perspectives. A lot of internet companies just want to promote violence and keep niggas at it.

But ya'll giving up both sides, like "Yeah I will fuck a nigga up, but I'm not trying to fuck a nigga up." As opposed to just printing "Yeah Snoop said he gone fuck all of ya'll up!" Like even the Spider Loc shit, the way I said it, it sounds like it's confrontational but it's not! It's just like nigga you need to wake up and get on some cool shit, instead of trying to disrespect the game. The game gotta be on some positive shit! I don't like Suge, he doesn't like me, but when I see him in the club, I don't fuck with him, he don't fuck with me! We just go our separate ways, it should be like that man. It shouldn't be "I'ma make a record about you" cause now my homeboys is looking at you like "We gotta do something to you." And the homies ain't got careers. The homies ain't got a B.E.T. interview to do tomorrow. So they ain't got nothing to lose. So why put them in a position where they gonna risk losing everything? Where you gone risk losing everything.

Before you even get in the game! Nobody even knows you Spider, all we hearing about you is negative shit! Get a hit record out there! I heard him on the video game, the Madden song, that's a cool little song, that "Don't Make Me Angry", I heard him on the NBA live shit, do that kind of shit my nigga! Do shit where niggas can respect you! Cause on some gangsta shit, we all gangsta out here! That don't have nothing to do with what we're trying to put down right now. We on peace right now. Peace always smashes war. Always.

Dubcnn: We gonna see what G-Unit does with him. I hope they put 40 Glocc out!

Well, that's one of my little homies that used to hang out at the Dogghouse, and sit on the sideline, getting him some game, soaking up game. Like I said, I've been the bridge for everybody as far as letting niggas just come and sit around me and get game, then roll and try to do they thang or what not! He used to sit at my house every muthafuckin' day. He never got on the mic, just wanting to get on the mic! Same with Damani, Damani used to come to my studio in Hollywood everyday! Just waiting to get on a song. It's niggas that do that right now! I got a little homie named A.B., that is in the studio with me everyday. I just let him get on a song and he killed that muthafucka.

I'm like Phil Jackson when I go down that bench, I'm not gonna put you in if I don't feel you deserve to be in! I'm on the first team right now. When I get through with the first team, I'll look on the bench and get you in. But when I put you in, your game gun better be loaded!

Dubcnn: That's real!

Snoop Dogg is on some peace shit this year. I'm on bringing the West back. If it sounds disrespectful, take it the way you wanna take it. I'm trying to get everything in order right now, structured. We need to get everybody on one page on the West. I got this crippin' in one page, we gotta get them Bloods on one page, get the Ese's on one page. We get everybody on the same page and we pushing this West Coast shit. Even if I don't like, if I don't love you, it's still mutual respect. It's gotta be respect first. I'm not gonna disrespect you, because first of all, I know you'll get busy like I'll get busy. So why should we get busy if it's gonna ruin everything we're trying to put out? So we gonna leave that to the side and just make records. If I got a problem with you I'll get with you on some real shit.

Dubcnn: We just tell it like it is man, I print that shit word for word.

You know I know what's happening! Even if you did twist it, I'm a gangsta, nigga! *laughs* You know what I'm saying? I ain't got no problems running from nobody, niggas see me, I'm everywhere. I'm out and about. That's the word now! "We done seen Snoop in the club! All this week! That niggas back in the hood again!" Yeah nigga, I'm way back in the hood again! Wayyy back in the hood again, on some real shit. Niggas ain't never seen me mash when I get ready to mash. I never mashed for Long Beach, I never just put my city in the game and said "All my niggas from Long Beach let's roll!" I always rolled with niggas that ain't from my hood, cause my niggas is STUPID! But now, it's time to get stupid! I'm letting my niggas be a part of this, and now ya'll finna really feel the wrath of Long Beach!

Dubcnn: That was a lot of game you just spit. We just did a one hour piece.

Ay, that's what it's gotta be my nigga, and it didn't even start off as that! It's real. Even niggas like Crooked I, he might take it wrong the first time he reads it, but then once he reads it the second time, I think he'll understand what I'm saying. A nigga never really hated him, it's just when you from Long Beach, and you niggas that ain't from Long Beach dissing you, that kind of put a foul taste in your mouth. So it's kind of hard to forgive him, rather than forgiving niggas like Daz. Niggas feel like "Well Daz cut you more, he did this and that" But Daz is my cousin. I know Daz, he's really from the hood, so that kind of shit is acceptable when you know where a nigga comes from. But a nigga that ain't from your turf, you can't really see him doing that to you, without you doing something back to him.

But I'm forgiving and I forgave him, and I'm not tripping. I seen him at the Russell Simmons little peace rally at USC, and I know he thought I was gonna do something to him, cause he was in there by hisself, and I was with about twenty of my niggas. I went up to him and shook his hand, and told him "Cuzz, I ain't even trippin' with you." Cause I know what it feels like to be smashed, I've been smashed before by five or six niggas by myself. I know what feeling feels like. That ain't cool. I don't bring that to niggas unless they really deserve it.

Dubcnn: Before we end this off, lets get a few more words on Blue Carpet Treatment. Why did you choose that title?

This new record I got, The Blue Carpet Treatment, the reason I call it that, is because you gotta roll out the carpet to present all this other shit. My record is gonna present everything else that we're coming with on the West. I'm the carpet. You usually walk down the red carpet and get pictures, now you gotta walk down the blue carpet treatment. Everything else gonna follow.

Dubcnn: You said you worked with Dre, is that gonna be on the record?

Yeah yeah, we got a record, a vicious record. This record is very controversial. On some controversial shit, I don't even wanna give it away. It ain't on no getting at niggas, but just on some controversial shit.

Dubcnn: Alright man, I appreciate you sitting down and talking to us.

All the time man, I'm the Don of the West Coast man, Ice Cube is my Godfather, Dr. Dre is my Godfather, and Ice T is the originator of this gangsta shit. But at the same time, I'm the new boss. I'm the new Al Capone. I'm the new John Gotti, I'm the Teflondon, it's my world. And I run it the way I run it. I don't run it like they did, but I still respect them and what ever they did, they put that shit inside of me to where I am who I am today.

http://www.dubcnn.com/

7 Syns

Well there's really only one person left from the west that can make or break you and it's not Snoop.

peace.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member

I just read Crooked's reply. He talked a lot of sense. Snoop is such an idiot.

lol....snoop dogg!! he is the greatest bitch ever exists at this rapgame...
he fucked up the westcoast and now claiming to resue the westcoast!

so fuck this bullshit.
btw he is still mad at crooked I while he was on deathrow and dissing that skinny nigga to death.lol

Sarr

Wishes he was on probation
i think snoop said a couple of stupid things (he was obviously high off his nut or drunk)...BUT he said some true shit...i gained abit of respect for him

can you post up crookeds response?

thanks

P.U.

What you expect him to do? No matter what Snoop does y'all think he's wrong, what is there to be embarrassed for? You see any other westcoast artist bringing hot records that sell millions worldwide? No, well in that case Snoop is the king of westcoast.

I read his interview,All four parts.He does sound little too much,controling and big shot.He should just do it,don't talk about what you gonna do too much.

He admits having been soft and switching styles for last few years.He says this new album Blue Carpet Treatment will be a hard record.Unlike what hes been doing last few years.This new track ''Vato'' ft B-Real leaked and its pretty good.Another one ''Candy'' just leaked on dubcnn.

He also hooked few groups.Western Union with Bad Lucc, Damani & Soopafly and Warzone.

crooked i sounds real. Snoop's weird now, i dunno. I hate it how he goes "ear on the streets" , "im ghetto" and how he thinks he's better than Dre, i dunno, that shit kinda makes him sound dumb, same with Crooked i and "communication in the ghetto." Its like fuck, stop it already. Snoops needs to retire, i still listen to his older shit, but ever since the last meal dropped, he's been going down...except for his mixtapes, i like those. I dont care much for Crooked Eyes, I think he's weak, i agree with what Snoop said about him, and sounds like he's beefing with Daz eh?

ARon

I think the problem is the fake people talkin to him, tellin him his recent releases are tight. His talkin and siging over beats is not rappin. We like the rappin snoop, back in the day snoop, people need to man up and tell him your shit is wak.

i think you people read into it too much or maybe didn't read all 4 parts. where did snoop diss dre? he gives that mother fucker a SHITLOAD of credit and even shoots down the rumors of dre having ghost producers and/or him stealing credit for beats

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
P.U. said:
What you expect him to do? No matter what Snoop does y'all think he's wrong, what is there to be embarrassed for? You see any other westcoast artist bringing hot records that sell millions worldwide? No, well in that case Snoop is the king of westcoast.

I'm not hater. And I'm not denying he's the West's biggest living rapper.

But if he thinks he can make or break a rapper he's living in a dream world. If that's so, why the fuck doesn't he help Daz or Kurupt. Because their album sales suck.

Crooked spoke a lot more sense. Snoop sounds jealous of Crook's skills. Look at what 50's built, Snoop's empire should be twice as big.

DUB CEE said:
shit i read it wrong, pella said snoop was acting better then dre. how is that? he backed up dre 100%

Snoop said Dre doesn't support the West. All his artists aren't from the West. Then he said what I consider pretty much a diss, about Dre holding up Bishop Lamont.

Sarr

Wishes he was on probation
yea it was wierd...snoop kinda disses dre then takes a step back and compliments him and does that back and forth a few times...

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.