"If skills sold then truth be told, I'd probably be lyrically Talib Kweli"

Rosco

Was listeing to The Black Album yesterday, and got thinking about this line. I think Jigga needs to back up this statement. If he ever does do another album, I would love for him to go in this direction. I mean he has more than enough money, so let him prove that he is in it for 'the love of hip-hop' and drop an album where shows us how he could really rhyme.

I know theres is zero chance of this happening, but it's a thought.

Opinions?

(And nobody throw Reasonable Doubt at me, it doesn't apply)

it'd be nice, but the shits not in his blood no more man. he been livin' in la la land for the past 8 years, he can't snap back.

Snap back? Jay-Z has never been a Talib Kweli anyway. He was a great writer but he wasn't really touching on subjects Talib was and still is. Jay was conscious, but he was offering a different perspective. I doubt Jay would be able to talk about the struggle from a point of view of someone who has never hustled.

roaches

Please, that shit was just Jay-Z pandering to a different audience.

Jay-Z's lyrics > Talib Kweli's lyrics any day of the week

Jebus

^^^Yeah hes right,

Talib is dope as fuck but that's content wise and its not as if Jay isnt conscious he always has been just not sooo much as Talib

I Guess its all perspective.

i like how talib flipped that line.
anyway, i was thinking jay should do another dope album with no wack singles on it. but i think he said the black albums was supposed to be just that. strictly about the music. i guess it didnt turn out.

Bill G said:
If you have nothing to say stay away from the post function :rolleyes:
If I had nothing to say I would have stayed away..I made a statement...

Yall overanalysing....

And that's where it stops.. that also means you can stop giving me the attention I didn't ask 4....

laterz

Jay-z ahh, hmmm, yeah Jay-z, ahhh, pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff??? Hmm Dont know, what can I write? hmmmm Jay -z is a buisness bitch, hahahaa senseless and doesnt fit with the topic, hahaha, anyway send me your hate.

i dont think jay z would ever drop a full non stop gutter hip hop cd......cos it just aint him....i think he likes making songs for ladies to groove too. he is great at his perspective of hip hop. and thats why hes great cos he wont change.

In talib's track ''ghetto show'' he flips it up : ''If lyrics sold then truth be told, I'll probably be just as rich and famous as jay-z'' !!!!

^ Thats true !!!

i don't like Jay Z, but i gotta say i dowlnloaded a remix to this song, died in your arms, it samples that 80's song. but i thought it was pretty tight. damn i can't believe i can actually stand a Jay Z song.

On Talib Kweli, he's dope, but Jay is too rich to talk about anything other than button ups, maybachs and bentleys. i mean he's the president now, no need to make albums. but yeah if he could do it, i'd bootleg the shit out of it cuz he don't need any of my hard earned dollars

ARon

Lil Jm said:
In talib's track ''ghetto show'' he flips it up : ''If lyrics sold then truth be told, I'll probably be just as rich and famous as jay-z'' !!!!

^ Thats true !!!
It would be nice if it was true, yeah Talib would be rich but thats not how it is unfortunately.
I really wish Jay woul forget about the marketing and money making schemes, he is gonna sell anyway, maybe if he realized that we would get that old grimey NY hip hop we all come to love.

Aristotle said:
It would be nice if it was true, yeah Talib would be rich but thats not how it is unfortunately.
I really wish Jay woul forget about the marketing and money making schemes, he is gonna sell anyway, maybe if he realized that we would get that old grimey NY hip hop we all come to love.
That's like one of the nicest posts I have seen about Jay...specially on this board...

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.