Idlewild finally receives a release date

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
After several delays, the new OutKast film Idlewild is scheduled to arrive in theaters on Aug. 25, three days following the release of its soundtrack via LaFace records.

The set’s first single, "Mighty O," somehow found its way onto the Internet last week. The track features the Atlanta duo’s take on Cab Calloway’s famous scat from “Minnie the Moocher.”

In the song, Andre 3000 raps about defying categorization: "The damsels in distress but they a mess / They only like my armor and that I'm a performer/ They read one magazine and want to think they're getting warmer / They're only getting colder."

Big Boi, meanwhile, puffs out his chest with the lines: "Intended for anyone filling out this application / An estimate is needed for your underestimation / I'm firing on the spot, go back and check your calculations." Later, he threatens, "I'll hurt you like the president's approval rating by serving your ass with words, fool."

Idlewild was written and directed by Bryan Barber and set in the 1930s around the running of a juke joint. The film co-stars Terrence Howard, Faizon Love, Ben Vereen, Cicely Tyson, Patti LaBelle, Macy Gray and Fishbone's Angelo Moore.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.