ice cube

anyone know what was going on with him and aftermath/new album? i heard the rumors that he was looking to sign, but i never heard any more about it.

While Ice Cube is keeping busy in the film world, the acclaimed writer/director/actor isn’t neglecting his rap career and recently divulged details of a new album.

"I am planning to release the single by early summer " Ice Cube told AllHipHop.com. “Once I put the finishes on it, I plan to drop the album by late summer."

In addition to the album, Cube continues his foray into Hollywood and as previously reported, is in negotiations to star in a remake of the 1948 comedy Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House.

“I don't really want to disclose anything right now, I am really superstitious and I want to wait until the deal is final, Cube said of the movie.

Cube’s superstitious aside, the rapper’s last project, Are We There Yet grossed over $81 million dollars as of April 15th, while his other films, such as the Barbershop and Friday series of movies have grossed hundreds of millions of dollars at the box office and through DVD sales.

Cube’s latest movie, XXX State of the Union, is the sequel to the 2001 film XXX which starred action hero Vin Diesel.

Diesel and original director Rob Cohen opted out of the sequel, but stayed on as executive producers.

Cube was selected as a replacement for Diesel since both have deals with the studio, which produced the original version and the sequel.

“I am honored that they even considered me, to star in a film of this caliber is definitely a dream come true,” Cube said of the action flick. “If they decide to do a XXX 3 depending on how this does, I am definitely interested in playing the part again."

XXX: State of the Union hits theaters worldwide April 29th.

source:www.allhiphop.com
cube 4 ever :)

if thats true i really hope to hear cubes single bumpin on radio soon but its already early summer :p
lets give him a couple more weeks or so :p

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.