Ice Cube to release three more albums

The former NWA rapper turned actor, Ice Cube is so disgusted with the state of corporate hip-hop he is vowing to change the state of the game.

Tired of the repetitive rhymes about bling and sex Ice Cube said, "All we're hearing from America is booty music. If American rappers don't step up their game, then I will.”

"I'm going my own path to sway the tide. We've got to do whatever we can to put the music back in the hands of the people who love it. I'm planning on releasing three records in two years - each more politically charged.”

Ice Cube released his eighth solo LP Laugh Now Cry Later in June of 2006.

Nick

I read this interview yesterday in the paper, I agreed with alot of what he had to say about the state of hip hop atm.

as much as i'd love to believe this, i don't. sure it would be dope to hear the old Ice Cube again, but for one, he's not as good as he used to be, and 2, you hear rappers talk about how they are gonna change the game, and yet it never seems to change. i wish him good luck, but i don't see it happening anytime soon

The_Destroyer said:
You make it seem like Cube is going to hang it up after 3 years. He's just releasing three records in two years.
Lol read the leading line of the story. There are no references to him retiring, nor any implication that he will do so.

Snowman

Im feeling Cube, on what he said. BUT... he aint Swaying the title if he has Lil-Jon on his next albums.

hope he makes another Death Certificate type album :thumb:

EIB

If he means this he has to step up his game big time, his last album was wack, so hopefully now he will regain some of his old form.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.