Ice Cube joins the Oprah hate group

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Producers for The Oprah Winfrey Show may want to pitch the idea of having September’s season premiere feature guests Ludacris, 50 Cent and Ice Cube so that the four can discuss their opposing points of view on a very topical issue – hip hop lyrics.

Cube, born O’Shea Jackson, has now joined Luda and 50 in speaking out against the TV mogul and her unwillingness to feature rappers whose lyrics are riddled with the N-word and derogatory terms for women.

"I've been involved in three projects pitched to her, but I've never been asked to participate," the rapper-actor tells FHM magazine in its July issue, on newsstands June 6. "For 'Barbershop,' she had Cedric the Entertainer and Eve on, but I wasn't invited. Maybe she's got a problem with hip-hop. …She's had damn rapists, child molesters and lying authors on her show. And if I'm not a rags-to-riches story for her, who is?"

Last month, 50 voiced his frustration with Winfrey’s anti-rap stance, stating: "I think she caters to older white women."

Ludacris, whose real name is Chris Bridges, told GQ magazine that she was "unfair" to him during a show he appeared on last October with co-stars from best picture Oscar winner "Crash."

Earlier this month, Winfrey appeared on Power 105.1 in New York to address the issue.

"I listen to some hip-hop," she told DJ Ed Lover. "You know, I've been accused of not liking hip-hop and that's just not true. I got a little 50 (Cent) on my iPod. I really do. Love 'In Da Club.' ... Love that, and you know, love Jay-Z, love Kanye (West), love Mary J. (Blige)."

Ice Cube’s article in FHM is to promote his new album Laugh Now, Cry Later, due June 6.

Bobby Sands

That bitch wrecks my head.She is so ignorant.She constantly cuts across guests when they are trying to make an interesting point.Fuck all them cunts that start crying in the audience.

after her fame n fortune leave she will be anotha house nigga!!Oprah is kicked out of the Black Race!!when she get broke n they tear her down like they did OJ Micheal who think they r white n show no love to the rest of us Blacks!!Oj mayb free but he not accepted in white society at all,the same will happen to her.Mike they aint finished wit him.But on the real it aint her fault cuz she a puppet bein told what to do,I know when she broke n they callin her a nigga in her face (not behind her back)she wish that she should b proud of what race she is.I been seeing the show n never saw blacks on their that much cuz they all know what im saying!!Oprah,OJ,Mike u r black!!U can have fame fortune but i dont see that i see that u r black!!!Be proud to be or you can leave our race!!

S. Fourteen

Should I jump the gun and call Oprah a racist bitch? Or should I not give a fuck and let Oprah make her business decisions about her show? Are there any punk rock talents having the same problem?

June 6th.

S. Fourteen

So let's say Ice Cube owns a club. And for some reason (marketing ,taste, style, etc) middle aged women flock to this club. At this club, there are 2 live shows per week. Ice Cube, being the man that he is, decides to book Ludacris and 50 Cent one week but to his surprise the turn out was low. His biggest custumors, the middle aged women did not show up in big groups like he expected. Ice Cube, being the man that he his, decides to book different talents like Wayne Newton and ummm Isaac Hayes. Sure enough, line of people waiting outside for those shows.

You're Ice Cube. Are you going to keep booking rappers even though you know the turn out will be low. Or are you going to book Wayne Newton and have people call you a bitch and a racist?

"I think she caters to older white women." 50 said, adding that "Oprah's audience is my audience's parents. So, I could care less about Oprah or her show. I'm actually better off having friction with her."
Oprah's got your whole bank account balance under her sofa cushion. She got there by doing what she does. Go ahead and hate on her hustle.

Kick her out of the black race. Whatever that means.

Add fule to your preexisting hate.

Assum that she wants to be white.

cube has a right to bitch about it, cause he does other stuff thats worth talking about. but what do these other rappers have to talk about on oprahs show????

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.