Ice Cube is a 10 in new movie; ditches family comedy

Caesar

Staff member
Ice Cube is in talks to star in and produce an adaptation of Keith Giffen's graphic novel 10 for Dimension Films. The film would star Cube as Graham Meachum, a regular guy who comes home from vacation and finds a letter in his mailbox telling him he's been selected to participate in a competition.

It involves 10 people and the only way to win is to be the last one alive (if there is more than one person left at the end, they all die). He laughs it off as junk mail until one of the game's last surviving participants shows up at his house with an axe.

Now no offense to Cube but this is the kinda stuff I want to see him in. Enough of this Are We Done Yet? horseshit. This is the guy who launched a career with Friday. True XXX2 didn't exactly launch him into action hero stardom but I still want to see Cube doing something down and dirty.

Cube is currently filming First Sunday, another family comedy..., and is attached to a Welcome Back, Kotter remake.

PuffnScruff

how many movies are going to be made with the plot about people fighting for their lives in a contest? didn't a movie with stone cold steve austin come out this year that had the same basic plot? anyone ever seen running man? this idea is being beat to death.

Ice Cube is in talks to star in and produce an adaptation of Keith Giffen's graphic novel 10
Now no offense to Cube but this is the kinda stuff I want to see him in. Enough of this Are We Done Yet? horseshit. This is the guy who launched a career with Friday.QUOTE]
:thumb: :thumb:

This does look a lot like "The Condemned" but I would like to check it out. Sure beats the hell out of the there yet/done yet shit. and first sunday? omg...

i saw this movie 15 years ago. It was called surviving the game and ice t starred it.

please. hollywood needs to get some fuckin original ideas.

musolini

cube is known for fucked up movies. funny thing is, when i read about this movie in a magazine, they mentioned his road to fame with the titles of his movies. movies like, BITH, are we there yet and XXX2 and whatever the fuck bullshit movies hes made. what they didn't mention was friday? fucking friday. one of the best comedies ever and yet i think they've never even seen it. and they called themselves cube fans (guy has only 2 good movies, friday and BOITH)? of his rap, maybe.

still good to see him in a normal movie again, all this torque, XXX-ing and family BS didn't do him any good. though those family comedies probably did make him lotz of money.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.