Ice Cube going back at Common?

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
Once upon a time, Ice Cube was the white establishment's most terrifying detractor. If FOX News existed back when AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted dropped, you better believe SOHH's first lady would've been called up to defend such atrocities. Of course, in today's world, his family-friendly flicks probably make Bill O'Reilly say to himself, "it's amazing how these black people have human emotions." Don't look now though, the ol' Cube is speaking out again and maybe back at his old enemy and Oprah's favorite rapper: Common.

At the end of "Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It" (proppers to NahRight), Cube attacks an unnamed MC going on TV talking about gangsta rap before saying "nine times out of ten, you don't know what the f**k you're talking about, talk about that bullsh*t rap you do." Certainly, this is all internet speculation—aka the best kind of speculation—but with that little outro, it's hard not to conjure up the image of Common's sorrel sweater sitting on Oprah's stage.

The song itself is right in line, message wise, with Jay-Z's just leaked "Ignorant Sh*t 2007." With more than a hint of irony, he assaults rap's naysayers by showing that he's smarter than them. From "I can act like an animal/gangsta rap made me do it" to the certainly more controversial assertion "If I die in Iraq/ain't nothin' to it/gangsta rap made me do it," it's clear that Cube isn't taking all his hip-hop hate lying down.

As a side note, this beat manages to capture signatures from three of hip-hop major regions without being condescending: the Left Coast's crip walking piano tickle, Houston's screwed-up business and that Swizz Beats synth flare. So, cookie cutters, two questions: (1) Is Ice Cube going at Common? (2) Is this song any good?

Source: SOHH.com

Back then Cube could take Common in a fight. NOW, Common would whoop on Cube. Cube is old and fat. Common is big and cut now and would waiste Cube. I dont care how Gangster Cube was back in the day. His ego maybe gangster but his body is weak!

lyrically,it would be a tight contest as cube is usually vicious in battle and common is good with the word play,not forgetting the poetry that he kicks

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.