I just found the greatest song ever....

PuffnScruff

god damn i thought everyone and their mom had heard that song. and it not by dave matthews band. everyone says it is, and every were you download the song its titled by dmb, but its some other band. i cant remember their name and the moment cause thats how unknown thay are. its a hippie jam band. but not dmb.

ARon

Probably Dynamite Hack, and its stupid as fuck, they take rap songs like, Boyz in the hood for example and make some stupid ass shit, it is not cool for them to do it. Lets take our suburban asses and sing other peoples songs over acoustic it will be cool, not.

PuffnScruff

it's not dynamite hack or phish. i promise you. its a very unknown hippie jam band. your roommate in college is wrong. the song is labeled on the net as dmb, phish, widespread panic, and blues travelers. its none of those bands. i'm am now on a mission to prove to you all the name of the band. i promise none of you have heard of this band.

PuffnScruff

The Gourds

thats the band.

here is an article that even explains a little about how so many people labeled this song as a cover by dmb, or phish.
http://www.austinchronicle.com/issues/dispatch/2000-06-16/music_dancing.html

"This thing has taken on a life of its own!" exclaims Kevin Russell of the Gourds over the massive play their cover of "Gin and Juice" has gotten via controversial Web site Napster.com. But wait, you say, you've heard the Napster fave but weren't aware it was by Austin's Gourds? Well, that's because, due to the way the site works, the song is most often mislabeled as being performed by Vermont jam band Phish. That band's Web FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) list postulates that the confusion stems from the fact that the song was originally done by Dr. Dre, Snoop Doggy Dogg, and an NYC hip-hop artist named Phish. "I still get two or three e-mails a day from college students," says Russell, "who keep asking, 'Is it Phish or is it the Gourds?' I had all the fans I know out there spreading the truth." The confusion may be slowly straightening out, but at one point it was so bad that people tell me they were hearing Austinites Dynamite Hack getting derisively called "Phish wannabes" over their cover of another Dr. Dre tune, "Boyz-'N-the Hood," and a writer for a college newspaper in Georgia told Russell he had been "threatened with violence by frat boys" after daring to reveal the truth in print! Clearing up the situation has been aided by the fact that, according to Russell, it turns out a lot of Phish fans are also Gourds fans, and it's not uncommon to hear Gourds albums blaring from cars in the lots of big Phish gigs. Even with the song properly identified, however, the band has been stymied by the whole situation, because the song appears on their Watermelon Records EP Go Gitcher Shinebox, meaning that it's been stuck in the middle of that label's eternal bankruptcy hearings. Fortunately, a new Australian best-of compilation called All the Labor, which contains the song, should be available to fans via the Web any day now -- if they're not all tired of the tune by now. If they are, the band will have their next album, Bolsa de Agua, out on Sugar Hill in August, with plans to reissue their entire back catalog on that label by the end of the year. Since Russell says the band has gotten back their Watermelon albums already, the rest should be as easy as a tall cool drink of gin and juice

if you check out The Gourds website, there is a video of snoop giving his two sense on the cover song. he even sings along. now you can go out and tell all your friends that they are wrong and they dont know shit about hippie jam bands.

hizzle?

Staff member
FunKy HomosapiEn said:
i dont know where to post this, but i found a live cover of snoop dogg's gin & juice performed by dave matthews band and blues travelers.
greatest shit ever :p
the punk version of gin and juice rocks too :D

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.