I got the new Mobb Deep cd

Butt Rubber

More arrogant than SicC
1-Smoke It - I dont really care for the beat, Havoc's verse sucked, Prodigy was decent.

2-Put Em In Their Place - This track is on fire, I love it. Excellent beat.

3-Stole Something (w/ Lloyd Banks) - Decent beat, kinda uninspiring but not bad.

4-Creep (w/ 50 Cent) - This track was okay until 50's verse came up and all the pointless hollaring in the background starts...

5-Speakin So Freely - Good song, nice beat to it, and no g-unit.

6-Backstage Pass - Good song, Me likes.

7-Give It To Me (w/ Young Buck) - Some will mistake this as a club track, but to me its garbage filler material. THey must've been been desperate to get Young Buck on here.

8-Click Click (w/ Tony Yayo) - Solid instrumental, lyrics were kinda dull though.

9-Pearly Gates (w/ 50 Cent) - I won't complain, this song is fine. Even 50 drops a decent verse for a change.

10-Capital P. Capital H - Not feeling the beat, honestly. Prodigy drops a good verse though.

11-Daydreamin' - Dope song, beat gets a little too dramatic at points but I like it.

12-The Infamous (w/ 50 cent) - Nice beat, but it's depressing hearing a Gggggg-unit tag on a Mobb Deep song

13-In Love With THe Moula - Nothin special, its ok

14-It's Alright (w/ 50 Cent and Mary J Blidge) - Nice track to relax to, I like it. Nice singing by Mary J, as expected.

15-Have a Party (w/ 50 Cent and Nate Dogg) - Horrible beat. G-unit tags over it. Lame.

16-Outta Control (produced by Dr Dre) - Decent beat, 50 hook gets on my nerves.

Lok

I have a feeling that for the most part you only dig the song only if it has a good beat, since that's the first thing you mention once you review a song.

Butt Rubber

More arrogant than SicC
Lok, I dont listen to mobb deep for their raps, thats for sure.

If this was a Nas cd then the last thing I'd pay attention to is the beat

Lok

Bank Robber said:
Lok, I dont listen to mobb deep for their raps, thats for sure.

If this was a Nas cd then the last thing I'd pay attention to is the beat
lol. Yup, it was any other album then I would have made a stingy comment, but in this case you're right.

Butt Rubber

More arrogant than SicC
troublesome2004 said:
Just average, far from their previous albums. They reached the peak of their careers long time ago...
a few tracks were vintage Mobb Deep

but even if this hadn't been a G-unit release I still don't think it would've turned out to be that great anyway

If Mobb Deep was to rap about the things they were rapping about Hell On Earth, plenty of people here would be saying that the Mobb is repetitive and that they need to switch up. And now that they've switched up they're being criticized. To me blood money was a decent solid album. Didn't expect any classic and don't expect too many or many at all in a money driven music business in 2006.

Bombsquad said:
If Mobb Deep was to rap about the things they were rapping about Hell On Earth, plenty of people here would be saying that the Mobb is repetitive and that they need to switch up. And now that they've switched up they're being criticized.
We don't call that repetitive we call it the consistency.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.