I demand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

Staff member
Shouldn't matter tho. It's not like he throws a shoutie thread every 100 posts. It looks like a legitimate shoutie thread.

Amara

I would have thought it speaks for itself... people have thrown random shout out threads before and had them closed, no different.

Duke

Staff member
But this wasn't really random. Haunted made no previous shoutie threads to my knowledge and he certainly isn't spamming the forum with them. Shouldn't it be up to him to decide at what number of posts he throws his shoutie party at?

Duke

Staff member
So if I make a shoutie thread now (my last one was at 5k i think), it gets closed because it's a not a round number?

This is injustice!

Amara

Duke said:
So if I make a shoutie thread now (my last one was at 5k i think), it gets closed because it's a not a round number?

This is injustice!
Look I dunno how the whole shout thing was started or why... way before my time here, but it seems thats the way its done. The whole thing is kinda dumb and pointless anyway.

RaDeK said:
Amara perhaps you should add a rule stating that shoutouts can only be made at post counts that are multiples of 10.
You mean 1000?

Attempt at belittling admin = failed.

Like I said though, I dont know why people made it that shoutouts were made on multiples of 1000, they just did. So take it up with the people who started the practice, not me!

Duke

Staff member
Dumb and pointless? I beg to differ, m'lady, it's the community's way of letting know who they consider their e-mates, crack any appropriate jokes, give thanks and a general boost to board morale.

A shoutie thread can be a high profile member hitting 15k and saying no more than "hi", or it can a lower profile member doing a typical shoutie thread with names and comments that so happens to be at a random number of posts.

I don't wanna make a big deal out of it, but closing a perfectly good shoutie thread for being a bit different than most is rather pointless imo.

:)

Amara said:
You mean 1000?

Attempt at belittling admin = failed.

Like I said though, I dont know why people made it that shoutouts were made on multiples of 1000, they just did. So take it up with the people who started the practice, not me!
No I don't.

Attempt....failed.

Duke said:
Dumb and pointless? I beg to differ, m'lady, it's the community's way of letting know who they consider their e-mates, crack any appropriate jokes, give thanks and a general boost to board morale.
Yeah thats true. But its the fact that they only occur at certain times is what makes people look forward to them, no? and the fact that they arent something you can just do whenever.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
Haunted comes back from crack/meth hiatus, decides he's bored while high on some fucked up drug, makes a shoutie thread for humorous purposes at a random number of posts, and gets his thread closed. Does it hurt to keep the thread open? No. Is the thread pointless and a cry for attention? Indeed. That's all.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
S O F I S T I K said:
Haunted comes back from crack/meth hiatus, decides he's bored while high on some fucked up drug, makes a shoutie thread for humorous purposes at a random number of posts, and gets his thread closed. Does it hurt to keep the thread open? No. Is the thread pointless and a cry for attention? Indeed. That's all.

That's fighting talk. ;)

S O F I S T I K said:
Most of what you said was true, but it wasnt for attention, i felt i would give a shout out because ive never done one before and since in 2 weeks i am going to leave the country and head to africa to do charity work, working with kids with aids i thought i would shout out my homies. But whatever, its not a big deal i dont care and someone just messaged me this shit ::thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.