I always wondered...

.... On Puff's "All About The Benjamins", was B.I.G's verse meant for that song or did they just throw his verse on there? Since the instrumental switches up when he comes on, I've always wondered... Anyone know?

FroDawgg

i know puff and the lox were the only ones on the OG, but i think big's was meant to be added, but the first one released (i think on a mixtape or a vinyl single) was the one with just puff and the lox.

FroDawgg said:
i know puff and the lox were the only ones on the OG, but i think big's was meant to be added, but the first one released (i think on a mixtape or a vinyl single) was the one with just puff and the lox.
That makes sense.. That answers my question also about why it was always labeled as a remix but there never was a OG released on mtv or puffs 1st album.

aLDo

The first released version only had Puffy & The Lox on it (from the aforementioned DJ Clue mixtape), a second version was also recorded with Lil Kim & Biggie on the original beat. Then for one reason or another they decided 2 switch the beat up for Biggie's verse on the album version and call it the remix...

I'm not entirely sure if Biggie & Kim recorded their verses at the same time as Puffy and the Lox, but they were definately meant for that song...

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.