Hyping up the Cali Agents and their mixtape This Is How The West Was One.

7 Syns

I just bought the Cali Agents mixtape, This Is How The West Was One and Ive gotta say it right now. No duo in hip-hop at the moment has impressed me more than these guys. From the album in it's entire I was only disappointed with one or two tracks and what was due to the beats on the most part. Lyrically they are in my opinion on par with alot of highly noted emcee's, Planet Asia and Rasco would they be given some sorta exposure that say the Young Gunz or Ying Yang Twinz (using them as examples) get. I believe they would be able to elevate not only their music to a wider audience but really be able to hold their own weight on the mainstream level. With The Game's recent success and a possible westcoast revival brewing, I think the older emcee's should do all they can to get these 2 out there and really get the westcoast represented by younger blood.

A big call, but I see alot of potential in these cats. Dr. Dre please lace them with 2 genuine bangers and just let these two do their own thing. Lyrics, flow game, versitility. I mean they have been reasonably consistant in a incosistant industry. I'm hyped.

peace.

Duke

Staff member
Cali Agents are definitely dope. never heard of em before then some of my boys went to a show they did here in holland. they rocked the place and i started checking em out after that. defnitely two tight cats :thumb:

ARon

I remember postin about PLanet Asia mainly, but Cali Agents too in some new rapper thread or something, Go check Planet Asia' solo album, The Grand Opening.

Planet Asia - Pure Coke
s12.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3NUGOF9832MHM15CVJ8LNBSW5I

But yeah Cali Agents are too tight.

roaches

* Ain't a mixtape.
* Came out... 2000?
* Both Rasco and Planet Asia have fallen off since then.

Anyone have Planet Asia's first EP? That was dope.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.