Hussein Fatal - Seriously underrated rapper

masta247

Staff member
Ok, I started this thread here as nobody reads 2pacboard these days, and the situation IMO is rather hip-hop-wise than 2pac or Outlaw-wise and this subject is really of a big matter.
Before I start - I know that Outlawz suck and they got their fame just because of 2pac.. BUT.. I want to debate the case of Hussein Fatal as individual rapper, I'm not a 2pac/Outlawz groupie or anything, I won't even speak about Fatal as 2pac's affiliate, I'll write about him as individual artist.

I won't mention how his verse on Dumpin was the best verse of 2006 (which it really was imho), I won't say how great he was on latest new mixx klazzics vol.2 again.
I want to classify him in one category where he fits perfectly.
He tries to be a mainstream-like rapper now, bites T.I. etc. but his place is somewhere else, he aims in totally wrong direction, that's the worst thing about him, but back to the subject..

Ladies and gentlemen, when I think of a street rapper/street storyteller I can't fit Tragedy Khadafi or Dr.Dre there, there won't be a place for Sean P, 2pac, Snoop, Steele, Mac Mall or any Wu-tang clan member and just whoever you want to put in here(I won't even mention any of today's mainstream rappers as it would be a big shame for me), also Big L and Biggie - they were great storytellers but still when I listen to their music I don't feel that "plain street" sound. I think only AZ, Mobb Deep and Nas in their greatness (Illmatic for example) can compare.
So back to the point - when I think about that plain street hip-hop..
I picture this: http://www.zshare.net/download/3723989585a864/
or this:
http://www.zshare.net/audio/3724158115fad5/
For me literally it's the true essence of hip-hop. It's not that those tracks are extra dope in anything particular but overall that's what I could call the essence of the streets in music.

If only Fatal released more good tracks like this instead of following Outlawz and trying to be so mainstream, if he took his time to do some good music individually from his heart he could be really really respected. Especially considering this dude has got streets in his heart, with his private life etc.
It's easy to sense in his tracks.

What is your opinion?
I don't want any 2pac related or 2pac groupie replies like:
"Fatal rocks" etc. I want to know if I'm at least a bit right.
I would like to know Linx opinion as it'll be the closest to truth to me. And again I'm not saying Fatal's better or anything, I mean that he's got a huge potential to make good street-flavored music and be one of the greatest in it, but he went totally wrong way.
To me songs posted above define true street hip-hop.

I've been listening to Fatal for few straight days and compared him to other artist I mentioned above to be sure whether I exaggerated my opinion or not and I'm nearly sure I'm right - He's got something in him, a talent to make that street music, he gives those songs really good sound, something nobody else has imo. Unfortunately most of his songs are wack as he can't keep it constant and records some mainstream wannabees, but when he records a normal street-flavored track it's really dope.

mayne fatal has been the missing link from tha lawz the past 10 yrs thats why they sucked they didnt have anyone bringing that rawness to there traxx he brings that fatal n kadafi were the base of the lawz noble now is in charge he only came along towards the end of pacs life he werent with them that long b4 pac passed fatal was there leader early on then he had own problems n now ull see the best of fatal n the outlawz 2008 they b takin over the rap game..But i feel ya on wat ur saying i agree but i feel the best is yet to come from tha outlawz

Preach

i agree that fatal has tons of potential. not only does he write good and have a cool voice, and a flow that's ridiculously on point with the beats he raps over, he has a way of building his verses up. he starts it out, and as he keeps on rapping i get continous chills down my spine. take "um dumpin" for example. it's just random gangsta bullshit but it sounds so damn fly the way he raps it!

he needs to stop recycling his verses and make music from his heart. and for the love of god, fatal, don't make duo albums with young noble, kastro or edi man. make a solo album and get off the mainstream beats. beats like from "in the line of fire" with real instruments suit him best.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.