How much does it cost to sample a beat of Nas?

Since I heard two german rapper who sampled the beat "the makings of a perfect bitch" of the album "Streets disciple" and had recently much success local in germany, I wonder how much it costs to sample such a beat? How much would it cost to sample a beat such like "the next episode"?

Can some1 hook me up?

it depends on the person .... allegedly suge let ja rule sample pain for free......

but if they wanna bitch bout it then they could charge up to like 20g or around that maximum i believe.

roaches

Sampling = using part of one record to construct a new record.

I assume (ESL) that you mean they just rapped over certain beats.

1. If they release them as promo singles, they can get away with it.
2. If they release them on mixtapes or unofficial releases, they can get away with it.
3. If they put them on commercially-released albums, they will probably not get away with it unless they're obscure.

How much it costs to get permission to do #3 varies.

Is the beat exactly the same? Im pretty sure Nas had sampled it from a different song...lets call it "song a", so im pretty sure the german dude can contact the people who made "song a" and use its sample. Like the hit em up beat was used by cash money, 2pac, biggie(junior mafia) and im sure cash money did not pay 2pac but the person 2pac sampled it from... i dunno just a guess...but if its exactly the same beat im sure that geman dude had it on a mixtape (or not commercially released), or germany does not really inforce the copyright rules like some countries in asia

ThaTruth said:
Is the beat exactly the same? Im pretty sure Nas had sampled it from a different song...lets call it "song a", so im pretty sure the german dude can contact the people who made "song a" and use its sample. Like the hit em up beat was used by cash money, 2pac, biggie(junior mafia) and im sure cash money did not pay 2pac but the person 2pac sampled it from... i dunno just a guess...but if its exactly the same beat im sure that geman dude had it on a mixtape (or not commercially released), or germany does not really inforce the copyright rules like some countries in asia
no mixtape, its def a commercial duo album release.

ThaTruth said:
the beat was originally used by Eric B & Rakim

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.