How many units did Diddy's new album push?

- After eleven weeks on the Billboard, Diddy still hasn't pushed 500,000 units yet.
- The best selling rap album of 2006 is the one with T.I on the cover.
- Hip Hop is in the commercial doldrums.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
I am willing to bet T.I is the largest selling... But I don't know for sure...

He was in the minority of platinum sales.

He was the only one to go platinum the entire year till Jay dropped in Dec.

U obviously dont notice the threads in here that much, cause Diddy flopped pretty bad in the SoundScan threads

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
^^^ Was Jay-Z certificated platinum in 2006?

Also, Chamillionaire got his platinum status in 2006, even though he released the album in 2005.

ARon

Diddy didnt flop, he was real happy with his sales, he opened up #1 for his first week I believe. I just remember him sayin how happy with the numbers he was.

albohemia said:
- After eleven weeks on the Billboard, Diddy still hasn't pushed 500,000 units yet.
- The best selling rap album of 2006 is the one with T.I on the cover.
- Hip Hop is in the commercial doldrums.
right except jay-z got certified platinum faster than t.i in 06 so t.i is number 2 for best selling of 06.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Diddy was sitting on 400,000 and change. He flopped for the amount of effort and money they put into the marketing.

Game is close to plat on about 800.000 and Ludacris is even closer with 950,000.

Akon went plat in 2006, while not hip-hop, it is very hip-hop influenced and the borders really are blurred.

Nas will not reach plat status.

Rukas said:
Diddy was sitting on 400,000 and change. He flopped for the amount of effort and money they put into the marketing.

Game is close to plat on about 800.000 and Ludacris is even closer with 950,000.

Akon went plat in 2006, while not hip-hop, it is very hip-hop influenced and the borders really are blurred.

Nas will not reach plat status.
apparently diddy's numbers worldwide are looking better then his us numbers....

Ludacris is certified platinum and has been, it goes by units shipped, not sold.

That said, whatever Diddy sold, it was more than he deserved to:)

ARon

^More than he deserved to?
Why would he not deserve to sell albums, especially if it is a good one. Explain your hate please.

That article also explains why some of Pac's albums (well, All Eyez and Greatest Hits) have been stuck at 9-times platinum for years and years- the record company won't pay the $350 fee. I've noticed a lot of rap albums seem to get stuck on certain certifications, when you have to figure they've sold a lot more- the Chronic, E. 1999 Eternal, Makaveli, and Doggystyle come to mind. Those albums have been strong catalog sellers for years, but haven't been certified in a long time. Meanwhile, artists like Michael Jackson and the Beatles are constantly updating their certifications, even for very old releases. I'm not saying Dre or Snoop's stuff sells as much as those artists, but still.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.