How many of you listen to female rappers?

Do you listen to female rapper's albums?

• I do

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I do not

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
How many of you listen to female rappers? I mean bump an actual album not just some single that comes on the radio or in the club?

Im just wondering, because I dont think I even own any female MC's albums apart from an old Foxy record.

I just to be honest, do not like female rappers.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Yeah Jean was nice, and I think I downloaded her album, but I cant say I really listened to her. The only reason I gave her the time of day was because back then I listened to Immortal Technique a lot... Speaking of dude.... (new thread coming...)

Chronic

I usually can't listen to them because of their voice. Either it just sounds horrible or I grow tired of them after a while. So I voted no.
There's a couple I like though like Jean Grae, Ladybug Mecca, The Lady of Rage.

Farzin

I dont listen to female rappers either.

Like chronic said its the voice.

It also is the content to some degree. I hate female emcees who talk about how big of a bitch they are and how much dick they love to suck. That doesnt make me want to listen to them.

Jean Grae was good though. But got boring as well.

it's just like those movies where some chick is suppose to be some bad ass rambo personage it just doesn't work! "yeah shonda the illset rhyma/mess with me ill put my nine out my vagina"

Casey

Staff member
I do, but not as much as I listen to female artists of other genres.

I have a few Foxy albums, Kim albums.

You can't mess with Lauryn, she puts most male MC's to shame.

Rage had some good shit.

But ya know what? No-one is fucking with that chick from Warren G's "Regulate" album lol. That "Super Soul Sis" track is the jam.

Shadows

some tracks from Eve and one from da Brat. Not sexist but none can hold their own. the songs usually had male rappers or male RnB singers.

ARon

I listen to Lauryn Hill on the regular. Only time I listen to other female rappers is when they are featured on something. I got really bored with Jean Grae though. I've said it before and I'm agrreein with Casey now, Lauryn Hill will shit on your favorite male rapper.

TheCat

I only have Mc Lyte albums which i still listen,
her subject range was good even her party music.

there was a deep track she dedicated to her dead friends called

Have You ever,, its a beautiful track.

_carmi

me, myself & us
mmmm.. no. I don't care how much they are sluts as much as I don't care about male rappers who talk about how much they gets hoes and got cash. One track can be okay if production is nice, but thats all

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.