How do you think 2006 is going so far?

jbrolax said:
Tony Starks saved it.....So far
Thats the truth.

No one in here really gave Ghost the credit that that album deserves. Ghost is sounding really hungery on that album and he is staying true to form. The man is an unbelieveable story teller, thats why u gotta love him. We gotta pay attention with to this album.

Really excited about pimp c being released right before the year turnd over. I read in the source that he penned over 3,000 songs while in prison. Ive found some pimp c song on limewire that ive never seen, so these might be new. I like what im hearing.

And thats about all that i have cared about as far as new hip hop in this new year. The wu albums will dominate this year.

HiGhTillDeaTH said:
Thats the truth.

No one in here really gave Ghost the credit that that album deserves. Ghost is sounding really hungery on that album and he is staying true to form. The man is an unbelieveable story teller, thats why u gotta love him. We gotta pay attention with to this album.

Really excited about pimp c being released right before the year turnd over. I read in the source that he penned over 3,000 songs while in prison. Ive found some pimp c song on limewire that ive never seen, so these might be new. I like what im hearing.

And thats about all that i have cared about as far as new hip hop in this new year. The wu albums will dominate this year.

thats on point...he sounds really hungry'...plus T.I lp is the best "mainstream" LP thus far. This has been a good year plus we have had quality shit from the likes of Lupe Fiscaco (feelin his enw single) and Saigon (both due out this year) so this year is going be real good so far. Any word on that new MURS lp??

ps:ATL (hip-hop/rap culture based movie is really good )so I count this too as a good year so far as well as Crash,Hustle and Flow (fet hip-hop/black themes) have both done well and won top honors

roaches

I think 2006 is going great so far. Ghostface, T.I., Murs, Little Brother, CunninLynguists, J-Zone and Celph Titled, Soul Position, Tanya Morgan, E-40, Aceyalone, Juvenile, and Scarface have all put out quality albums, among others. Young Dro and J.R. Writer have dropped good mixtapes, among others. J-Love, DJ Drama, and DJ Neil Armstrong are killing it as they always do.

Busta Rhymes has put out some all right singles, which is what he does best. "Followres" and "New York Shit" are dope. I'm not that much of a fan of "Touch it", but I do giggle everytime I hear the remix and listen to Lloyd Banks try his hardest to raise his voice.

The DJ Shadow joint with Keak Da Sneak and the one with David Banner are dope as fuck. It's been good to hear B.G. and Mannie Fresh together again.

Nature Sounds is doing some great shit and will continue to do so, if that compilation is any indication. "Angeles" alone...

I'm feeling that Mike Jones and UGK, Trae, Suga Free and Snoop, and the new Clipse. I think the albums I'm anticipating the most right now are Clipse's, the Coup's, and the Roots'.

I hope Danger Mouse stays away from hip-hop.

I doubt I'll ever hear Saigon's, Outkast's, or Pharoahe Monch's albums.

It's a damn shame what happened to Bubba Sparxxx.

It's terribly fucked up what the New York media and DJs are instigating, and dragging up and coming emcees with potential (Papoose) with them.

No one likes hip-hop.

DPG iz all I C

Forgot to mention TI which i was pleasently surprised with and i just heard LL's album (not sure if its new) and it was average but im not really a fan of his.

Also this side of the pond The Streets dropped a nice album :)

AmerikazMost

^ yeah, i thought you were talking about The Minstrel Show because you included them with Ghostface, TI, and Murs, then singled out some mixtapes.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.