Hip Hop Tats

I'm thinkin' about gettin a tat, no real ideas yet though. I want somethin to show my love for Hip-Hop, anyone have any ideas I can work with? I don't really want any individual person on it.

Tekneek said:
I'm thinkin' about gettin a tat, no real ideas yet though. I want somethin to show my love for Hip-Hop, anyone have any ideas I can work with? I don't really want any individual person on it.
Donno about in general... but back in 97, I got a Makaveli tattoo.

It's Makaveli in red letters with a crown on the M and a sword going through it.

linx

Staff member
I made this thread like a year or two ago and everyone had dumb things to say, lol. I still haven't thought of anything either. I sure as hell am not getting something Pac related.

its linx! said:
I made this thread like a year or two ago and everyone had dumb things to say, lol. I still haven't thought of anything either. I sure as hell am not getting something Pac related.
Me either, I just want something for Hip-Hop in general. No individual rapper.

Lok

Bam_Margera said:
Donno about in general... but back in 97, I got a Makaveli tattoo.

It's Makaveli in red letters with a crown on the M and a sword going through it.
6 years later, do you still think it was a good idea? or do you hide it each time you're on the beach, telling people that the patch is to cover the burn mark from the hot oil you spilled on yourself while cooking?

I know i do....I know I do....

Preach

my message was deleted because it was probably thought to be a freepost. i really only need one word to express my thoughts on this though: lawl.

and that's not meant to diss you, i just think the idea is sorta corny.

6 years later, do you still think it was a good idea? or do you hide it each time you're on the beach, telling people that the patch is to cover the burn mark from the hot oil you spilled on yourself while cooking?
Nah... I'm proud as shit of it.

ARon

Preach said:
my message was deleted because it was probably thought to be a freepost. i really only need one word to express my thoughts on this though: lawl.

and that's not meant to diss you, i just think the idea is sorta corny.
Just cruious, why do you think it is corny to get a tat representing Hip-Hop.

S. Fourteen

My friend used to rap and he has a mic on his arm. He doesn't rap or listen to hip hop these days. But that's my friend and this is you.

I'm curious to know what your motivation is. It's obvious that you love hip hop but what is the point of putting a scar on your body to show love for something? Is it just a personal reminder or do you want others to see it and know that you love hip hop? Is there a better way to love hip hop?

I've been through the stage where I mutilated my body for the sake of expression but after several years of having a scar on my body, I can say from the bottom of my heart that it wasn't worth it. I sort of think of my scar as a reminder for my past mistake.

If you do decide to get it, get it done on a part of your body that can't be easily seen by others. If you think that's pointless then you shouldn't get it done.

S. Fourteen said:
My friend used to rap and he has a mic on his arm. He doesn't rap or listen to hip hop these days. But that's my friend and this is you.

I'm curious to know what your motivation is. It's obvious that you love hip hop but what is the point of putting a scar on your body to show love for something? Is it just a personal reminder or do you want others to see it and know that you love hip hop? Is there a better way to love hip hop?

I've been through the stage where I mutilated my body for the sake of expression but after several years of having a scar on my body, I can say from the bottom of my heart that it wasn't worth it. I sort of think of my scar as a reminder for my past mistake.

If you do decide to get it, get it done on a part of your body that can't be easily seen by others. If you think that's pointless then you shouldn't get it done.
While Fourteen is OBVIOUSLY scorned somehow regarding tats (possibly from a bad one?) and is a bias opinion... he's also partially right.

Fourteen, not everyone views things the same way as you do. While there's a lot of people that consider tattoo's "trashy" or "scars" or whatever term you want to use to degrade them... others see them as art. THAT SAID... tat's ARE permanent (unless you got like $3,000 for removal). So... if you're going to get one... THINK ABOUT IT... for a long... long time. Both the tats that I have (one a memorial to Pac, the other a memorial to my grandfather) I thought about getting for about 3-4 years before I got it. But... I'm just rational like that. Ya figure after almost half a decade... if you still want it as bad as the first day you thought of it.. if you still think about it everyday... you want it.

S. Fourteen said:
There's nothing artistic about putting a rapper's name on your body. It's slightly homo.
I guess you're going to tell me it's differen then for people like Treach, who knew Pac?

OK... so the tons of people I know with tat's of Freddy Mercury, or Ozzy, or Kizz... I guess they're all "slighly homo" too?

Look this ain't about beef so let's not make it one. Bottom line is, we're obviousy 2 people with 2 different opinions.

I didn't just get Makaveli tatted on me because I like Pac... I got it to represent my morals... because so much of the stuff Pac believed in, I believe in. I mean.. no, I'm white, not black, so I can't feel the black struggle, nobody I know was in the black panthers, I've never been homeless or poor. That said... Pac still rapped about a LOT of things that I DID feel. Just cuz you grow up in a better off family like I did, doesn't mean things are peachy.

I got Makaveli for several reasons... to symbolize:
1. My respect for a fallen rapper who made a HUGE impact on me
2. My belief system, which mirrors Pac's very much
3. My morals, which again, mirrors Pac's very much.

I've NEVER seen Pac as "a rapper"... I've always considered him a revolutionist. He wasn't just rapping.. he was trying to lead a movement and used rap to do it.

troublesome2004 said:
For such people I'd say yes.
*shrugs* Well, by your view, then, I know SHITLOADS of people who are "slighly homo"... because I know people all over the fuckin' country with tat's as such.

You know... it's funny though... for all the people in here who say I "constantly ride Em's cock"... he's not my favorite rapper, and I don't have tattoo representing him (nor would I ever get one).

That said I DO have about 30 different Pac shirts (not one of Eminem) I have every movie Pac's ever made and the only Em DVD I have came with D12 world... I have over 75 posters of Pac... NOT ONE of Eminem...

Bam_Margera said:
*shrugs* Well, by your view, then, I know SHITLOADS of people who are "slighly homo"... because I know people all over the fuckin' country with tat's as such.

You know... it's funny though... for all the people in here who say I "constantly ride Em's cock"... he's not my favorite rapper, and I don't have tattoo representing him (nor would I ever get one).

That said I DO have about 30 different Pac shirts (not one of Eminem) I have every movie Pac's ever made and the only Em DVD I have came with D12 world... I have over 75 posters of Pac... NOT ONE of Eminem...
There is no need for justification. Why do you bring such things into this thread? I didn't accuse you for anything... Yet. :) Judging to your previous posts it seems that you are huge fan of Em and here people think slightly different. Obviously, you are from Detroit and that determines you. I have nothing against you nor your choice of music but I don't listen Shady Records efforts (my reasons). I grab some music from Detroit scene and I'm enjoying it (minus South oriented music). Anyway, it seems that the main problem you have here is the way on which you express your thoughts. Try to modify that. Peace

There is no need for justification. Why do you bring such things into this thread? I didn't accuse you for anything... Yet. :)
I know... my bad... I had just finished reading a carmi post from other thread and I'm getting sick of being blasted on for something that isn't even fuckin' true.

Judging to your previous posts it seems that you are huge fan of Em and here people think slightly different.
No doubt I'm a big fan of his. But... I DON'T like everything he does... but nobody ever points out the posts where I knock Em for something (like the shit that he gave us on Encore). But it just seems there's so much hatred for the dude on this board.

then.. People coax ME into debating about whether or not I"m "dick ryding" Em...which makes me look even worse... and it's getting to the point where I'm sick of it. YOu know... the first week or so I was here, I made it a POINT to talk as little about Em as possible.

Obviously, you are from Detroit and that determines you.
True... but what a lot of people in here don't even know is that when Em first came out... I HATED HIM... i despised the dude... coudln't fucking stand him. I didn't start liking Em until the MMLP came out.

I have nothing against you nor your choice of music but I don't listen Shady Records efforts (my reasons). I grab some music from Detroit scene and I'm enjoying it (minus South oriented music). Anyway, it seems that the main problem you have here is the way on which you express your thoughts. Try to modify that. Peace
But I'm blunt... that's just the way I am... and I can't change. It's not in me to be something I'm not especially when I'm proud of that part of me.

And, it's not even that being called a "Em dick ryder" bothers me so much, because I know it's not true and people who TRULY KNOW ME know it's not... but it's like... that mosquito that keeps buzzing by your head. At first... it's nothing... you can deal. But.. after a couple hours the fucker won't go away its not the "buzzing" that bothers you, it's the fucking mosquito itself... feel me?

Bam_Margera said:
I know... my bad... I had just finished reading a carmi post from other thread and I'm getting sick of being blasted on for something that isn't even fuckin' true.

No doubt I'm a big fan of his. But... I DON'T like everything he does... but nobody ever points out the posts where I knock Em for something (like the shit that he gave us on Encore). But it just seems there's so much hatred for the dude on this board.

then.. People coax ME into debating about whether or not I"m "dick ryding" Em...which makes me look even worse... and it's getting to the point where I'm sick of it. YOu know... the first week or so I was here, I made it a POINT to talk as little about Em as possible.

True... but what a lot of people in here don't even know is that when Em first came out... I HATED HIM... i despised the dude... coudln't fucking stand him. I didn't start liking Em until the MMLP came out.

But I'm blunt... that's just the way I am... and I can't change. It's not in me to be something I'm not especially when I'm proud of that part of me.

And, it's not even that being called a "Em dick ryder" bothers me so much, because I know it's not true and people who TRULY KNOW ME know it's not... but it's like... that mosquito that keeps buzzing by your head. At first... it's nothing... you can deal. But.. after a couple hours the fucker won't go away its not the "buzzing" that bothers you, it's the fucking mosquito itself... feel me?
I understand what you are saying. It's the way it goes...
Certain people here are hating on DMX & Nas so much and glorify Jay-Z and even Ja Rule. Joe Budden is also big here. :) He's got more love than DMX. :confused: But, IMO they can't come close to X.
Anyway, despite everything this thread is great place to be. I hope that will be less e-beefing because sometimes that's so annoying. Peace

troublesome2004 said:
I understand what you are saying. It's the way it goes...
Certain people here are hating on DMX & Nas so much and glorify Jay-Z and even Ja Rule. Joe Budden is also big here. :) He's got more love than DMX. :confused: But, IMO they can't come close to X.
Anyway, despite everything this thread is great place to be. I hope that will be less e-beefing because sometimes that's so annoying. Peace
I feel ya, homie. It's funny though, because people keep getting personal and slinging personal insults AT ME... when I haven't slung one insult at anyone... then they say *I'm* the one beefing. How the fuck is that when THEY'RE the ones slinging insults, not me?

I guess, I just gotta let the dick ryder comments go and just ignore them rather than feeling the need to defend myself everytime, cuz then, like I said... it makes me look worse.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.