Hip-Hop taks force film released on DVD

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Maverick Entertainment Group Inc. released Hip Hop Task Force on DVD yesterday. The film was voted Best Feature Film by the 2005 Atlanta Hip Hop Film Festival and is the first film exploring the controversial “Hip Hop Cops” that are currently investigating the hip hop music industry.

Written and Directed by Corey Grant, the film’s protagonist is Chicago Detective, KAHILL JONES who is summoned to Baltimore by the FBI. His assignment, go undercover into a record company as a music producer, to find and identify a highly sought after crime lord that is rumored to fund the label.

Hip hop celebrities have become targets for special task forces in local police departments in urban areas as well as of the federal government. In gathering research for Hip Hop Task Force Grant found that cities such as New York, Miami, and Los Angeles and the U.S Attorney’s office have not been forthcoming investigating high profile figures in the hip hop music business. This type of scrutiny has enraged the hip hop community. MTV, VIBE and NEWSWEEK have extensively covered the subject.

Corey Grant, CEO of New Breed Films, says, “I was inspired to write the film because I was tired of seeing hip hop films that had no story or substance. I wanted a film that was hip hop but could appeal across the board because of the topicality of the story and its theme of trust, loyalty, and betrayal.” Corey also managed the theatrical release of the film in 3 cities. Hip Hop Task Force is his first feature film. He is currently working on two feature film projects both releasing in 2006.

Available for the first time on DVD, Hip Hop Task Force is available in stores now and is priced at $14.98.

For more imformation visit - www.maverickentertainment.cc.

Source - Mr Davey D

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.