Hip Hop is Finally in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

It's about time that hip hop gets the recognition it deserves! For such a long time ppl have been trying to ignore the fact that hip hop has had its musical influence on other genres...and now finally Run DMC is going to be inducted along w/Jeff Beck & Metallica...Now that's what I'm talking about

Chronic

Grandmaster Flash and The Furious Five were inducted in 2007. I guess it's nice but the recognition is pretty hollow.

Moving this thread to the Hip-Hop section.

hizzle?

Staff member
People wouldn't respect it really... It's like the BET/source awards... People don't take it seriously and the artists don't really respect the awards...

that's right grandmaster flash is in the hall of fame...didn't know that furious five was in it though...and yeah..it would be tight if there was a hip hop hall of fame but i agree w/hizzle? it probably wouldn't be respected as much.

I mean, how much is the Rock Hall of Fame really respected??? I'm not saying it isn't, just asking... This article in Modern Drummer talks about it working with Fuse and inducting DMC: FUSE TV to air the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Ceremony. Headlines from the Drumming World
Run DMC's supposed to be getting interviewed about it according to this, too: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame | Fuse.tv I think it's great they're getting inducted.. i don't know how much influence they had (other than walk this way), but hip hop in general def has.

i also found a link about this and Rev is talking crazy, saying Weezy should of been inducted too. That's crazy cuz I don't think he deserves that honor at all yet..what history has he made? rapper with the most face tatoos? pleaseee...but either way i got respect Rev and I'm probably gunna check out the ceremony tomorrow night.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.