Hip Hop Did You Know?

THEV1LL4N

i thought id like to create a massive list of did you know facts about rap and hip hop.

so ima start off, other people can follow by adding.

1. Nas used to be signed to Aftermath Entertainment in 1997 until Leaving and signing for Interscope Records

THEV1LL4N

5. Wu-Tang stands for:

Witty
Unpredictable
Talent
And
Natural
Game.

6. And back in the day, anything that was really good used 2 be called wu-tang, like "yo that sh*t ova there is wu-tang!" (really good)

11. Growing up , Tech N9ne had to hide the fact that he was listening to rap music because his step Father had banned music in the house.

12. Tech N9ne got the idea for his name when he was flipping through a gun magazine with a friend. He chose Tech N9ne because a tech nine is a fast weapon and Tech N9ne was known to be a very fast rapper.

13. Eminem was supposed to be on Tech N9ne's recent release (Everready the religion, the song " My World ") but sources cited the reason he didn't record a verse was becasue of Proof's death.

THEV1LL4N

15. mack 10 was married to Tionne Watkins who was known as T-Boz from the R&B group TLC. They have a daughter, but they divorced 4 years later after t-boz filed for divorce and a restraining order against him

THEV1LL4N

16. Chuck D of Public Enemy gave him the name Busta Rhymes (from former NFL football player George "Buster" Rhymes) after watching him perform.

17. He is also a follower of the Nation of Islam offshoot, Five percent nation.

THEV1LL4N

20. Eminem and bizarre from d12 used to be in a group called the outsidaz which also included rah digga from flipmode squad and young zee. they were part of d12 at the same time as the outisidaz. outsidaz were a group formed in new jersey.

THEV1LL4N

22. Rock City was the debut album from Detroit rapper Royce Da 5'9". The leading single stemming from the album was Rock City, which featured fellow Detroit MC Eminem. The album, however, leaked onto the internet before release and was subsequently heavily bootlegged. This forced it to be repackaged and released as Rock City Version 2.0.

Original Tracklisting:

1. It's Tuesday
2. Rock City
3. Getcha Paper
4. We Live
5. U Can't Touch Me
6. Let's Go
7. D-Elite Part 1
8. D-Elite Part 2
9. She's The One
10. Boom
11. What Would You Do
12. Who Am I
13. Life
14. My Friend

Tracks 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 10, 12, 13 and 14 all reappeared on Rock City Version 2.0.
Track 3 supplied the beat for the song 'Off Parole', featuring on Version 2.0.
Track 3, 4, 8, 9, and 11 were dropped for the commercial release.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.