Hip-hop artists to appear in The Sopranos

The final series of The Sopranos began airing on HBO March 16th. And in the coming weeks you can expect some to see some hip-hop flavour in the mafia-family sitcom. Treach of Naughty by Nature and Lord Jamar of Brand Nubian have confirmed parts in the series.

However because the script is so closely guarded, no one is certain who they will play or the length of their roles. Treach and Lord Jamar both have previous acting experience, having featured regularly in HBO’s prison drama, Oz.

Vin Rock, the second half of Naughty by Nature, also has drama-related goals. "I am working on a TV show for young adults called 'The Block,'" he said. "It's a 'Teen Summit' meets '106 & Park'-kind of show. I want to impact today's youth in a broader sense. There's a bunch of negative energy out there and I'm gonna bring some positive vibes to the youth."

The Sopranos has been on the air since 1999. HBO have also confirmed eight bonus episodes will screen in 2007.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online