High School rapper expelled for "threatening lyrics"

source: www.sohh.com

A Pennsylvania judge has ordered that a 14-year-old student be readmitted into school after he was expelled recently for writing "threatening" rap lyrics.

Anthony Latour was expelled from The Riverside Beaver County School District in Pittsburgh, PA because officials believed his raps threatened to hurt the school and another student. One of the said songs included the rhymes, "So watch what you say about me, I'm everywhere son / And the word of mouth is that I'm carrying guns / Now that I'm comin' for you /what the (expletive) you gonna do / I come double with the pump/ tons of slugs that will punish you."

advertisement
Latour, who was represented by the American Civil Liberties Union, claimed his songs were harmless battle raps used as a tool to put down his opponent and were not to be taken literally. U.S. District Judge Donetta Ambrose overturned his expulsion citing he was protected by the First Amendment and ordered the school district readmit him into 9th grade when classes resume on August 31st.

Latour was expelled in May for rhymes that school officials learned about back in March. After hearing his rhymes, the officials contacted the police who charged Latour with terrorist threats and harassment. To this, Judge Ambrose said the school's argument was not convincing because they never presented evidence that the lyrics disrupted school, and they never followed up after hearing the rhymes by searching Latour's locker or contacting his parents.

Neither Latour's family nor The Riverside Beaver County School District commented on the incident.

Deuce 7 Tha Psycho said:
c-bo got jailed fa his lyrics..so was sir dyno of darkroom familia i cant undastand dat shit..it´s only music

yeah, i remember readin' somethin' about Layzie Bone gettin' arrested in some town in Texas for rappin' some of his lyrics outside his hotel.........I guess in that town profanity is seen as obscene.....stupid fuckin' laws......there's so many dumb fuckin' laws.........here we go start a new thread for this shit, ANY DUMB FUCKIN' LAW U KNOW OF, POST IT

C.R.Y.

this happened to me in 8th grade. i almost got arrested and i got suspended from school. then my parents sent me to juvi for a day

Bigg Limn

Staff member
X-Raided got jailed 4 that shit 2...shits so retarded...they didnt jail Poe for Tell Tale Heart or Philip Larkin 4 none of his shit, or any of them poets that wrote about the same typa shit. Same thing with any other musicians...just rappers it seems.

LMAO, we had mentions of Columbine and everything in our raps... and all we got was 20 days in JJC! The School City are such dumbasses.

the same shit happened to me at my school, just not as high profiled... the school tried to hit me with terroristic threats for some shit i wrote in my blog talkin bout buyin my cd, the school got a hold of it, heard some battle rap type lyrics that could've been related to a certain student and put alla that shit on me.

they thought i was rapping about a certain student because of a previous altercation that had occured on school grounds. but luckily, i talked to the student and his family and resolved the incident. the charges were dropped. i was suspended for only 5 days, but i would've been gone for as long as that guy was if they would've pressed charges... shit sucks... i know exactly how dude feels.

at my highschool every friday a whole bunch of us used to group up and have a little battling circle we would call "freestyle friday"... the school shut it down because they assumed it was gang related...... talk about bullshit man, we were just rhyming and having fun.

a

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.