Help save Stan Tookie Williams!

Yang

The film about him is called "Redemption", it stars Jamie Foxx as Tookie. It's a good film i think everbody should learn a bit more bout him before do or say something bout him.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
I hated the film after reading the book. I watched the film second and it was pretty poor.

I don't think he should be put to Death, and he has possibly served enough time. My choice though would be for him to spend his life in Prison. But with the privileges that most other prisoners receive, in light of his good behaviour of the last 10 years.

I don't think he should be set free, he seems a little shady and doesn't appear truthful, nor does he appear to believe he has done wrong. That being said I think he has contributed more to society in the past 10 years than most politicians.

Read the book, skip the film, and check out his website.

Also if you want a more honest, more entertaining book on gang life read Monster by Kody Scott. Scott was 1 of Tookie's soldiers.

pittsey, u think he does more than most politicians, uve got to be kidding me, not everyone is a complete moron like George W. we do have some good politicans out there fighting for us and our rights.....i find it ammusing how u say this and yet i have never heard of Tookie before reading this news. Tookie has done a mass amount of bad, and a tinnie tiny bit of good.....

KID: "Oh, mommy won't u buy this book for me?"
MOTHER:"Sure son who is the author?"
KID:"It says he's a deathrow inmate, convicted killer and rapist and created one of the most powerful and violent gangs ever!!!!"
MOTHER:Now that's just the person i want my song learning from, how much is it let me make sure i have enough money in my purse."

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
HiGhTillDeaTH said:
pittsey, u think he does more than most politicians, uve got to be kidding me, not everyone is a complete moron like George W. we do have some good politicans out there fighting for us and our rights.....i find it ammusing how u say this and yet i have never heard of Tookie before reading this news. Tookie has done a mass amount of bad, and a tinnie tiny bit of good.....

KID:"It says he's a deathrow inmate, convicted killer and rapist and created one of the most powerful and violent gangs ever!!!!"
MOTHER:Now that's just the person i want my song learning from, how much is it let me make sure i have enough money in my purse."

How many Politicians do you know off? You know there's 100's of them in each country don't you. If they're doing so much, how come we hear very little of them. Except when there's a rap album to slate or when there's a scandal that involves them. Most politicians do very little apart from pick up a nice little cheque from after dinner speaking at the local Golf club.

Tookie was able to stop Bloods and Crips from killing each other. On his influence alone a peace treaty was formed. This treaty is flawed and may not be ideal, but that alone saved dozens of lives. And we can't even predict the amount of kids he's reached and saved with his books. So although I don't condone his actions, nor do I suggest he be released from Prison, I stand by the statement I made. He probably has done more, and had more influence by most politicians.

And George W Bush, although an imbecile, gets far too much hate.

Also...

^^^ People hate what they don't understand.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.