Guru To Release New Jazzmatazz Mixtape

THEV1LL4N

Guru will release a new mixtape in February entitled "Guru's Jazzmatazz: The Timebomb/Back To The Future Mixtape".

The album is expected to feature guest appearances by Damian Marley, Aceyalone, Zion I, Blue Scholars, Mr. Life, Lord Tariq, Tony Touch and more. The mixtape will be hosted by DJ Doo Wop.

"Since the inception of Jazzmatazz, one of our main focuses has been to create music for every generation, for the music lover. The Jazzmatazz series has always been about charting new territories, blurring genre lines, and collaborating with artists to create music that's timeless and relevant" Guru tells HHNLive.com.

Guru is also hard at work on establishing his indie label 7 Grand Records with producer Solar.

"7 Grand Records allows me not only to be creative, but to finally be in control of my creativity. Between us you've got a legendary spitter that's still hungry and still relevant, teamed up with the hottest New York producer in the game, which makes for a musical vision that is powerfully important and virtually unstoppable" says Guru.

Solar adds, "7 Grand Records is the epitome of what great NY Hip-Hop represents taken to the new millennium and beyond! Now in control of our own label, we're free to introduce forward-thinking Hip-Hop concepts to the masses," explains Solar.

In the past, Guru's Jazzmatazz endeavors have enabled him to collaborate with a who's who list of legendary musical icons including Roy Ayers, Donald Byrd, Chaka Khan, Isaac Hayes, Herbie Hancock, Branford Marsalis and popular cross-over favorites including Macy Gray, The Roots, Erykah Badu and Angie Stone. When asked how he has been able stay such a viable force in the music industry Guru states matter of factly "be honest with yourself, be original, be open to criticism and don't be afraid to reinvent and recreate yourself."

Source-hhnlive

hey, im new to this forum. really getting into GURU's mixed CD at the mo. Anyone got th free download??
you can get it at:
guru-themixtape.com

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.