Gun Raid On Rapper's Home Comes Up Empty

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
A police gun raid on the home of Canadian rapper Belly in suburban Ottawa this weekend was a total bust.

According to The Ottawa Citizen, Ottawa police's guns and gangs unit, a tactical squad, a K-9 unit and an OPP weapons section, stormed the rapper's home on Friday afternoon (August 15) only to find three BB guns and a legally purchased bullet-proof vest.

The raid was reportedly a result of a neighbor who had complained about activities at Belly's home.

"They came in and broke down my doors as if I was making weapons of mass destruction," said Belly. "The only thing I'm making here is music and hits."

"They left the house ransacked," Belly added. "They broke down the doors, there's glass broken."

Despite the damage by the raid, Belly said he was happy police stormed into his home and found nothing because his neighbors can now see that he has no ties to the criminal element he had before his success.

"I don't want to go hard on the cops. It was a waste of Ottawa taxpayers' money, but now my neighbors can see that I don't have anything to hide," explained Belly. "They were probably just doing their jobs, but I'd like to know about these tips they're acting on."

"I love and respect my neighbors and now after this all happens they're probably looking down on me," he continued. "The next time the cops want to come in, they should ask me and I will say, 'You can come into my house. I'll walk you in to prove to you I've got nothing to hide'."

Belly revealed he shoots at targets in his basement with the BB guns.

The authorities who searched the rapper's home could not be reached for comment.

Belly gained fame in Canada with the 2007 release of his debut album Revolution. The album won a Juno Award and featured appearances from Kurupt, Fabolous, Ginuwine, and Mario Winans, among others.

Source: Sixshot.com

Man, he was soft on his neighbors and the f*ckin cops. Someone ransacks my house and I'll have a few more words to say. That and if they complained about gun violence before hand, they damn sure will be complaining after the cops go home! Thank God I live in South Carolina USA where I can have all the guns I can pay for...

Preach

he's just a realist. those words you got to say won't get you nowhere. it's not like they'll suddenly cash you out cause you didn't like it. instead of picking a battle that'll only make you more pissed there's the other approach.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.