Graffiti

Mase

Graffiti in the past has been a big part of general Hip Hop culture. Yet on the musical side of things, you dont see many artists speaking on it, the only time you see it is maybe in the occasional back ground of a video.
What are your thoughts on it and do you think it is an important part of Hip Hop?

not the biggest importance but always set a trend for young teens out there and it was always nice to see i guess either its been played out or no one wants to use it although some video clips it would be hard to see graffitti seeing it wouldnt fit well but otherwise yeah i think it should still be included it showed great expression and creativity and talent and should not be forgotten.

Ay-G

ya youre right. Its never there anymore. Dunno why. Hip-hop changed i guess. Too bad tho, i love the whole graffitibreakdancingoldschoolfatlacedkicks hip-hop feel. I still listen to all the older shit. Cant stand most of the new tracks today> I wish i was today's age in 92, 93, 94...95 and 96 just because of 2pac and Biggie

PEACE

WCsoul said:
ya youre right. Its never there anymore. Dunno why. Hip-hop changed i guess. Too bad tho, i love the whole graffitibreakdancingoldschoolfatlacedkicks hip-hop feel. I still listen to all the older shit. Cant stand most of the new tracks today> I wish i was today's age in 92, 93, 94...95 and 96 just because of 2pac and Biggie
me too man im 19 now i wish i was like 17 or 18 back in 95. it was a great time for the music i love

roaches

Sometimes I think graff writing just got thrown in because it was just a general part of urban culture at the time. Kool Herc was a writer, Kay Slay started out as one, KRS wrote, etc.

It goes against street art's nature for it to become popular and accepted, though. There're some writers who've done some dope shit as designers and commercial artists, though, and some who've made a shitload of money (Marc Ecko, etc.).

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.