Graduation Album Review

Euphanasia

I love this album. It's my favorite of the year. If you dislike it, there's no need for you to post here. B-Sands, I already know your thoughts on this.

Here we go:

1. Good Morning 5/5 Nice track and a great way to start off the album.
2. Champion 3.5/5 Nothing bad here but one of the weaker tracks. I'm not too crazy about the hook.
3. Stronger 4/5 Good song, catchy hook. second single from album.
4. I Wonder 5/5 I love this song. probably my favorite track. Kanye really changes up his rapping style. very unique and effective.
5. Good Life 4/5 Like Stronger, this is a catchy song. nice.
6. Can't Tell Me Nothing 5/5 I love this song also. Great first single, can't believe it was sorta slept on. Very impressive.
7. Barry Bonds 2.5/5 Weakest track on the album. Lyrics aren't too substantial, nothing catchy here. Lil Wayne's verse sucks. I don't understand why he's so popular, I've always thought he was awful and this track just proves me right.
8. Drunk and Hot Girls 3/5 Another fairly weak track. Sounds like something Eminem might do.
9. Flashing Lights 5/5 Amazing song. I can't stop playing this one.
10. Everything I Am 4.5/5 Mellow, introspective song from Kanye. Talks about the stupidity of rapping about guns and murders - "last year Chicago had 300 caskets / Man, killin' some wack shit/ Oh I forgot, except for when niggaz is rappin'
11. The Glory 4.5/5 Nice beat, up-tempo song.
12. Homecoming 5/5 Awesome track with Chris Martin on the hook
13. Big Brother 5/5 Perfect way to end the album with this heartfelt and honest Jay Z tribute. He talks about the up's and downs, sibling rivalry as he calls it, very nice lyrics here: "if yo admire somebody, you should go ahead and tell 'em/ People never get the flowers while they can still smell 'em"

Overall, 4.5/5

Great album.

Bobby Sands

I heard it for the first time today while in a clothes shop. The dude that owns the shop had it playing. I dont like Kanye West. He is not my cup of tea.

That Drunk and Hot Girls song is pure thrash. It thought it was P Diddy at first. 3 out of 5 is way too genorous. i would give it 0 out of 5.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
Drunk and Hot Girls is one of the hotter tracks on the CD. I understand why some people wouldn't like it, though.

PuffnScruff

^didn't you say something along the lines that big brother is a gay track and only people who were gay would like it because the song isvery homo

Purelypac, i agree with 95% of your review. Imo the worst track of the album is like you said barry Bonds, though 2.5/5 is a little much 4 that track. I would rate it 1/5. Hot & drunk girls is the other track on the album I dont really like.

My favorite track at the moment is Flashing lights. Funny thing is the "bonus tracks" Bittersweet poetry and especially Us placers (itunes bonus track i believe) are amongst my favorite songs at the moment. Shame they didn't make the "real-album", like its released here.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
^didn't you say something along the lines that big brother is a gay track and only people who were gay would like it because the song isvery homo
I applauded the song, however, I set that I can't find myself in a mood to listen to that track. Hearing about one man praising another is good once or twice, but not on a weekend night with alcohol and girls around.

As for that, it was a joke, steve.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.