Goodie Mob, Soul Food.

7 Syns

Bump. I really like this album, I feel that it's a perfect follow up to 'Kast's Southerplaya... as the sound is close to it thanks in particular to Organized Noize without a doubt.

The mellow laidback feel, I feel is what first drew me into southern hip-hop. If it's not a classic then it's close to one.

It's a shame there isn't more albums like this anymore.

Rate it, post your favorite joints off it.

peace.

Love, love, love the album...The perfect (and superior) complement to Southernplayalistic..., nearly every song is tight as fuck and ONP certainly brought their game to the table with songs like "Blood" and "The Day After".

My favorite track is "Blood" almost by default, but what I listen to most often changes from time to time, I would say at the moment it is "Thought Process", mostly because of Dre's verse when he goes acappella, and then the clap comes in...just one of my favorite moments from any song. I also like "The Day After" quite a lot, and "Cell Therapy" is usually up there.

Hip-hop classic in my eyes, and I don't use the word too often at all.

Easily one of my favourite albums of all time, the beats and especially the lyrical content is incredible, one of those cd's you can just press play and let the whole thing play no skipping , every single song is bangin 1-6 especially

too bad they got into their lil thing a couple years ago, i know its all good now, but theyre still all doing their own thing, i like what cee lo's been putting out, the lumberjacks were ok nothing too good, and i didn't hear the mutant cd yet

7syns great post. This Goodie Mob album is right up my alley. Me and all my homies like to refer to it as "Smooth flowing Gansta Shit" and it just doesnt get any better that! Its so laid back, dark, and dirty. Mainstream artists beats, well, theyre beats are loud, and its obvious that the artist wants the song to be remebered for the beat not the lyrics. Cee-lo Cee-lo Cee-lo man that boy hooked me into that extremly distinct voice right from that intro. Man that boy can sing. I really love this album and i would love to expand on it more put my mind is in a rut, i just woke up from a long night of killing my brain cells, im having trouble getting things to be moving at the speed i want them to. so i will stop for now and maybe reutrn later.
peace

no shit. this is THE greatest album ever to me. it is just the perfect slab of musical experience, in my eyes, which epitomizes what the south, and hiphop as a whole, is or should be about. i honestly can not think of a record i'd rather take with me to the grave. the concepts explored, the musical backdrops, the guest appearances, the interludes, the way all the verses are swapped, the singing in the hooks, as HitEmUp21 said - dre's verse on "Thought Process" where he goes in to acapella... just hip hop perfection. and the gotdamn amount of quotables on this album... every second line is quote-worthy.

my favorite songs are "Live at the O.M.N.I." and "The Day After"... them shits are powerful, especially "Live at the O.M.N.I." - probably the most powerful song in hip hop.

i've always loved this line:

"it would be nice to have mo', but i kind of like being po'
at least i know what my friends are here fo'"

damn, ain't that the truth.

it should be compulsory to listen to and study this album the second you turn 18.

"niggas don't wanna listen when you tell it like it is
can't even get his own cause you worried bout his
regardless where you from i'm your gotdamn brother
we ain't never ever gon' make it without eachother"

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.