Good thing or Bad thing Kanyes comments at tope of Drugerport?

http://drudgereport.com/

I am torn as to what to think, is it good cause it is brining that voice to the forefront?

Or is it an Attempt at character assassination!

Damn I rember when Tyson said that about the media "you are all just character assassins" that was some of the trueist shit he ever said (other then telling Lenox he would eat his children)

haunted said:
I dont think it will backfire, he might not be able to go to the grammys but people are still going to buy it/
yeah but he now is gonna have that stigma, some white people gonna only know him from this and juge him.

and about the Grammys, that is gonna kill him he almost cried last year, lol

"George Bush Doesn't Care about black people" yawn, kanye dissapoints me. It might be a try at character assassination, but i think if anyone popular said that stuff it would wind up on top of that page. Kanye should be more careful with his political shots, you gotta think like a politician and you can't come across as being too extreme (which he does in these excerpts) or people will not give any merit too your thoughts. He comes across as being bitter and ignorant, kinda like dick cheney did in his debate with edwards if anyone watched that, just too bitter and extreme. If he's got points he should stick to them and not waste his time saying stuff like "There giving the army permission to shoot us" and "george bush doesn't care about black people" because he has to know when your cd's comin out and all eyes are on you everyones gonna hear that stuff and it doesn't sounds extreme. And being an artist you got to have sources and stuff to back up what you say because anytime actors and entertainers say their political views people immediatly think "well, pfft, that guy didn't even go to college why should we listen 2 him. He's just gotta be more smart about it, make clear points and clear sense. If he does that, the media can do whatever it wants, it won't succeed in character assassination. Those are my thoughts. Anyone got the full interview or all of what he said, if we can see the interview it'll be a lot easier 2 see if the media was just trying 2 murder him with those quotes, because they do make him look like a dumbass. If he's his full convo is more intelligent than i'd agree that this is character assassination, but again, kanyes gotta know that's how its gonna get twisted if he isn't careful with his wording. That's what happens with everyone, not just rappers, if bush said something that could be taken anyway bad it would find its way on the news, same with kerry and anyone else whos gonna run for office or who is trying 2 influence a certain group or groups of people. My thoughts- peace p.s. tyson is crazy

MakaveliPrime01 said:
"George Bush Doesn't Care about black people" yawn, kanye dissapoints me. It might be a try at character assassination, but i think if anyone popular said that stuff it would wind up on top of that page. Kanye should be more careful with his political shots, you gotta think like a politician and you can't come across as being too extreme (which he does in these excerpts) or people will not give any merit too your thoughts. He comes across as being bitter and ignorant, kinda like dick cheney did in his debate with edwards if anyone watched that, just too bitter and extreme. If he's got points he should stick to them and not waste his time saying stuff like "There giving the army permission to shoot us" and "george bush doesn't care about black people" because he has to know when your cd's comin out and all eyes are on you everyones gonna hear that stuff and it doesn't sounds extreme. And being an artist you got to have sources and stuff to back up what you say because anytime actors and entertainers say their political views people immediatly think "well, pfft, that guy didn't even go to college why should we listen 2 him. He's just gotta be more smart about it, make clear points and clear sense. If he does that, the media can do whatever it wants, it won't succeed in character assassination. Those are my thoughts. Anyone got the full interview or all of what he said, if we can see the interview it'll be a lot easier 2 see if the media was just trying 2 murder him with those quotes, because they do make him look like a dumbass. If he's his full convo is more intelligent than i'd agree that this is character assassination, but again, kanyes gotta know that's how its gonna get twisted if he isn't careful with his wording. That's what happens with everyone, not just rappers, if bush said something that could be taken anyway bad it would find its way on the news, same with kerry and anyone else whos gonna run for office or who is trying 2 influence a certain group or groups of people. My thoughts- peace p.s. tyson is crazy
That is hard to read, brake it up a bit man! lol

I skimed it and sort of agree, but he was saying the truth from his heart so I admire that

it is times like this when I wonder W.W.2.D.?

Hankaveli said:
That is hard to read, brake it up a bit man! lol

I skimed it and sort of agree, but he was saying the truth from his heart so I admire that

it is times like this when I wonder W.W.2.D.?

Haha, yah sorry it was pretty thick, yah or W.W.E.J.D

PuffnScruff

MakaveliPrime01 said:

your right kanye came across very ignorant. the only people who are going to give him any mind are people that are just as ignorant.
"they are giving the army permission to kill us" ? fuck that . they are protecting them self against assholes that dont care about getting rescued or that people are there to help them. instead they want to shoot at the help. those people should be killed. fuck em. we dont need them in this sociecty anyways.

something tells me that art school west went too didnt teach him political science.

Some of his comments were extreme, but I think that the fact that blacks down there are being shown as looters while whites are being shown as helpless needed to be addressed. For years the media has portrayed blacks as "poor, violent, and ignorant people who will complain about everything and anything" while whites have been provided with positive media coverage.

Why is it that when you hear about welfare you think about an unemployed black person? Because media outlets tend to ignore the fact that minorities are just that: minorities. Meaning that we make up less of the population than anybody else. 20% of the country can't be 80% of the welfare.

ARon

People need to stop bringing up the shooting at rescuers comment. We drop soldiers, humans, into hostile enviroments but we can't drop food or water? And it's not like the military has never been shot at when dropping supplies or rescuing wounded soldiers. Plus you know those 9 mil. bullets do all kinds of damage to helicopters. I know more is going on but it seems like a very poor excuse to me, people act like thousands of people are up in arms shooting at every single helicopter they see. Excuses need to stop, and action needs to be done.

Da_Funk

I think his comments should be more directed at the soldiers/media and those types since the Bush doesnt really control what they do. Not that I think Bush is a good president or anything.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.