Good New Hip Hop out now?

Any good cds/mixtapes that have been out for not too long that you guys are listening too?

My site of choice for Dl'ing went down and i want some new music cuz i just got me Dre's Solo HDs....

Shadows

The last good Mixtape was Friday Night Lights and Diggy's, but i think you know about those.

Right now, i think artist get half way to 75% done with their album before they release a mixtape and no one is there yet.

The last good Mixtape was Friday Night Lights and Diggy's, but i think you know about those.

Right now, i think artist get half way to 75% done with their album before they release a mixtape and no one is there yet.
yea those two i got....
i guess its a lull in hip hop before people start dropping around april, may....

masta247

Staff member
I think that The Left's "Gas Mask" was the album of the year and it wasn't released long ago. Also Celph Titled & Buckwild are pretty much praised by everyone. It's the first album ever that was on top of the charts on Ughh.com for 3 straight months now.
What else? Madlib might be worth mentioning. Same for Ghostface with "Apollo kids", 9th Wonder & David Banner collabo or Termanology&Statik Selektah (though I think that Term couldn't handle the beats on that one).

So yeah, The Left and Celpth Titled&Buckwild had the best albums released over the last few months and leaving my opinion out of this there's been a tough battle amongst hip-hop heads which one of them was the album of the year. Both came certainly as very fine surprises at the very end of 2010.

THEV1LL4N

1982 (Statik Selektah & Termanology)
Gangrene (Alchemist & Oh No)
John Legend & The Roots

Check the Doc Ish "The First Treatment" mixtape and Reks' "In Between the Lines vol. 2" mixtape.

Snowman

not a mixtape but that LBC Crew-havent you heard released from wideawake is a good cd, unreleased from 95-96. some old snoop on there, and his extended intro of blueberry which was on the doggfather cd.

THEV1LL4N

Not really hip-hop but Nikki Grier's "Soulgasm Vol. 6" and LaLa Romero's "The High Heeled Bandit Vol. 1, LOVE & A BULLET" both drop on valentines day.

And also, the Strong Arm Steady sophomore album "Arms & Hammers" comes out on 22nd February .

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.