Going to see JUICE tomorrow...

...at the Abbey Pub in Chicago. any other locals swinging by?

I am gonna be bringing my recording equipment with me, so if he starts freestyling and the bass is not too heavy, i'll hit record. im not going to bother if the bass is goin nuts though, just cuz most likely my mp3 player won't be able to handle it and will probably crap out.

keep an eye on this thread though, by sunday or monday i should have what i was able to get upped. his freestyles are effin crazy, he is second to none on the freestyle circuit. i wanna see him rip jin into two, but i dunno if that will ever happen.

and he's in chicago?? im 20 minutes away...

and if anyone can, PM me some of Jin and Juice's freestyles...i NEVER heard jin freestyle before he was part of RR....and juice...i just wanna check him out...

and i just realized...jin and juice...hehehehee

ARon

For Jin just go get the Choice FM Freestyle, but he has a lot, you can dl a l ot of battle videos from him, as well as juice. Want to check for some tight Juice freestyles though, check some of his wake up show shit, also you can dl a lot of his battle vids too.

Aite, so I'm back, HOLY SHIT Juice killed it last night, but gotta show respect to the show-stealers, MASS HYSTERIA.

Let's see, let's see...last night Chi-Town was truly repped...we had...

Zoser in the house, he has a 'Pac like vibe in terms of his subject matter, but he makes NO EFFORT to imitate him, so that's awesome, he did his own set first then came up later on during Juice's to perform their collab joint together...this guy is straight gangsta in terms of content.

Then we had the dude by the name of Que Billah, my favorite song of his was "I Ain't Got No Minutes," sounds pretty corny but I was dyin' of laughter, he ripped through his set.

Followed by some dudes I wasn't too fond of, 3 northsiders (one of who tried to offer me and my boys some weed before the show) led by a homie named Matlock, they did some shady shit during their raps like diss the latino brothers who were in the house enjoying the show minding their own business.

Finally before juice we had Mike Treese and Gee-Field comprising MASS HYSTERIA, I had seen this dudes before at a KRS and Kool G Rap concert last year and they tore it up, but yo these guys KILLED It tonight. I think their set rivaled Juice's for real.

And what you've been waiting for...JUICE's set himself...well...I was kinda disappointed. He did some hot shit alright, but as far as the freestyles go he limited it and only teased the crowd with one for about ONE MINUTE, the rest of his set he was just runnin' through the mixtape which I did cop and I urge all my chi-town heads to grab a copy of...for all my outta towners, I will toss in a few joints from the mixtape that need to be heard (the ones that are up on his myspace, just in mp3format), but otherwise I have a suspicion he was stepping back from the freestyles cuz he's finally decided it's time to go major label. See the suntimes for news on this, he's in "heavy negotiations" with a "Major East Coast Label" (can anyone say DEF JAM?) I think his time to shine has finally come and the poster who was like "Who is Juice?" will be bumping him next year just like everyone else.

I'm gonna drop a thread in the downloads section later on this evening, with the acapella freestyles that were featured at the show last night, so keep it loc'd in this thread and I will edit in a link. The rest of the show I'm not gonna bother with cuz the bass ruins it.

Peace!

-Z-

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.