Gnarls Barkley lose Crazy

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
It’s been a little over two months since the U.K. has experienced a song at the top of the singles charts other than "Crazy."

The groovy sizzler from Gnarls Barkley – a.k.a. former Goodie Mob member Cee-Lo and British DJ Danger Mouse – charted its ninth week at No. 1 in the U.K. on Sunday. But according to its label, Warner Bros, there is such a thing as a song overstaying its welcome.

On May 29, the record company officially “deleted” the single in the U.K. in order to clear a path for the group’s second single, "Smiley Faces," which is due for release on July 17.

The group released a statement (in the character of Gnarls Barkley) to explain the “deletion.”

"I consider myself a realist," the statement began. "I suppose that goes for most of us. But I have found a way to at once hold them, fold them, walk away and run. This was not a painless decision. But pain is nothing but a bi-product of beauty. Potentially toxic, to be sure, but that’s all it is."

"Crazy" made history in the U.K. when it became the first song to top the singles chart on download sales alone. It is also the longest running No. 1 single since Wet Wet Wet’s "Love is All Around" in 1994.

Shot 21

Hold on hold on hold on: Youre telling me that Gnarls Barkley is the same person who sang the chorus to Hope on Twistas album!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Is this song big in the U.S? I havent watched videos lately so i'm kinda outta the loop.. I never heard the song though being played around town or any bars/clubs etc. though.

SonOf2pac

i never heard anyone speak of this song in the US but i actually like this song... it's my favorite song out to date actually... usually i don't like pop songs but i like this one :thumb:

THEV1LL4N

i fuckin h8 this song soooooo much!!! its annoying (not even hip-hop)

i had the damn tune in my head all day, still got it in my head!!!

"The groovy sizzler from Gnarls Barkley – a.k.a. former Goodie Mob member Cee-Lo and British DJ Danger Mouse "

C'mon, has anyone even heard of a British DJ? Get the facts right....He's from New York

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.