Glow in the Dark Tour

FroDawgg

I went on Sat (May 10); bad-ass show. Lupe opened up with a killer bare-bones set. The only ones on the stage were him, the DJ, Matthew Santos, and Nikki Jean. Only downside was that since he's not "known" to the general public, a lot of the crowd didn't show up to watch him play. They're missing out. I went just as much to see him as I did to see 'Ye.

NERD was next. I'm not really into them, but they got the crowd going. Especially the drunk, obnoxious college set.

I wasn't looking forward to Rihanna b/c I don't listen to her stuff, but she was VERY entertaining.

'Ye's set was amazing. He had a story-line which was a little corny at times, but it worked. Other than Lupe coming out for the finale, Touch the Sky, Kanye was the only one on stage during his set (technically, though, the band was behind the back-drop). That dude has so much energy and stage presence. My wife, who went with me just to go with me, really enjoyed it, too. I loved the "Hey Mama" performance, which was similar to the Grammy one but with two verses, however, since it was "slow", people started doing their own things instead of celebrating/mourning with him, which I felt was disrespectful. I feel if you're gonna take group pictures of everyone getting drunk, do it during "Get 'Em High" or "I Wonder". But I digress. He put on electrifying performance of "Stronger" which is not one of my favorite songs by him, but is amazing live. One, such as my wife, would think that it would be the closing number, being that it was so powerful. I, on the other hand, knew better. One, because anyone who has been to a concert knows that there is usually an encore, and two, because I cheated and saw the tracklist on Wikipedia. He ended with "Homecoming" and "Touch the Sky", two of my favorites.

Anyway, it was a great show. I give it a perfect 10/10. If you're a 'Ye fan and he's coming near you, you should definitely check it out.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
They were here in mid-April. I passed on the opportunity when I heard the tickets were like $80. From what I heard, Kanye was just being way too arrogant, his usual self.

Plus, I saw Lupe live last year and it was nothing special.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.