Give something new a go?

7 Syns

Im trying to expand y'all minds and horizons, so I want the vets/mods and everyone to drop names with songs and record titles if possible aswell of artists who maybe people haven't heard of as much as the usual suspects. It's not really a "underrated" or "underground" thread because there's plenty of underground cats who get love eg. Ras Kass, Pharoahe Monch etc.. even though it's no enough :-(.

K-Os, here we go I recommed that anyone who likes emcee's spanning from dead prez to Ras Kass, to give Canada's best kept secret K-Os a go. His got a new record out and it's really impressive, not as good as his debut though.

Icarus, straight from Brooklyn this cats got flow. His recent mixtape "Tha City Iz Mine" was pure flames. Dude's got mad potential, picture Redman crossed Jigga with abit of own flava added. Not as good as the previous emcee's from BKLN (eg. Biggie, Kane, Jigga) but his got alot going for him and a big stamp of approval already from some of the heavyweights.

Papoose, people saying his the 2nd coming of 'Bis. His unique in his own right. Could be big, but his shit might pass over alot of cats heads. Can someone drop some songs names? I actually need to hear more from him myself, im fiending.

Bumpy J, people are calling him the best thing from Chi since Twista and Kanye West. Ive personally not heard a single song from him, but have heard various verses. His got game.

Old school emcee's to check;
Kwame The Boy Genius. Dude dropped a classic back in the day, beefed slightly with Biggie and I never heard of him again. However his worth a listening to. You might be pleasantly surprised.

peace.

Oh damn I agree with you when you say ppl should check out papoose and Icarus.

Bumpy J..I have never heard of him but I will check some shit out if ne 1 could recommend me some tracks. I really would appreciate that. I still keep saying this ppl should check out Diverse. I like his album I like his raps his flow but I need to hear more but uhh check him out whenever you get bored or if you are interested just check him out.

Or what about Session? I really don't know much about this guy except that he is part of the extended f@mm( tonedeff and PackFM) Yeah im not to good with doing my homework and shit but his album Spicasso is coming this year and I like his track Don't do it ( produced by Tonedeff) you can listen to it this website http://www.qn5.com/session/

oh and for those who wanna know its an mp3 download so you can save it and share it with ya friends like I am doing now.

ARon

Blueprint-1988, Definitely the old school feel with that new school flavor, definitely something to cop, amazing album.

Planet Asia- Out of cali, from the infamous cali agents, this guy is too tight, and no one even talks about him, Grand opening was a solid album, Pure Coke is crazy go download that song at least, check him out, a must see. The planet asia EP was no joke, he has two or three mixtapes out, he has recorded with the best of em, from madlib, kutmasta kurt to will.i.am. I've been waitin but later this year he is gonna drop an ablum with Architect on the production, you might of heard of him. They say it will be droppin this year so we will see. Cali Agents is no joke too, both albums are wow. Look out for King Medallions.

As for Pap there is Saigon people know about him though. I love both of these guys so imma upload Papoose Ft. Saigon-Head of State, its on the Pap mixtape-A moment of silence.

h ttp://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0LEE01WMS6THL0K59APJB0N7HE
( delete the space between h and t *h_t*, yousendit kills all direct links now.)

Aceyalone is definetely something cool.

Blueprint should be checked out, I finally got some downloads on his new album.

Styles of Beyond is a dope group.

PackFM is on there too, he's got a song called Stomp that came out a little while back, it's pretty tyte.

Oh No is the real deal. Get anything of his that you can.

That's just a few off the top of my head, but there are definetly hundreds more.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online