Ghostface Killah Upset With Fans Over Sales

THEV1LL4N

In a videotaped message from a tour stop in Norfolk, Va., Wu-Tang Clan member and solo star Ghostface Killah laments the fact that fans are illegally downloading his latest CD, The Big Doe Rehab, rather than ponying up the cash to buy it.
"I thought y'all motherf*ckers loved me man," Ghost said. "You know I go all out for y'all man, and I love y'all man, but y'all n*ggas behurtin' the kid, because y'all don't wanna go cop our CD, you feel me?Y'all rather download our sh*t, which is cool, whatever whatever,whatever. But it's like come on man. We do this, we spend a lot of timein the studio, and puttin' this work in to come out with no resultswhen we drop our albums and sh*t man."
No slouch when it comes to mathematics, Pretty Toney knows that having over 100,000 friends on MySpace and selling under 50,000 albumsin the first go-round doesn't add up.
"So I'm just saying that like 115,000 friends on the MySpace and I get like 30,000 or something like that in the first week, that's notgood man, 'cause I know a lot of y'all got my sh*t, but y'all justdownloaded it man," he said. "I'm askin y'all to go to the store andbuy that. I'm using all these samples trying to put all this sh*ttogether for y'all man, and y'all n*ggas is still on that bullsh*tman."
Ghost debuted at No. 41 with his latest effort, pushing 35,600 copies in his first week and landing behind the likes of Scarface, Drama and Wyclef Jean. He said that numbers like those may make him quit rapping altogether.
"If y'all really rollin with the kid, snap out that sh*t man," he said. "This is real talk man. It's comin' from your homey man. Y'alln*ggas gonna make me leave the game based on n*ggas doin' sh*t likethat man. I thought y'all loved me, man. Go cop that CD man, even ifyou downloaded that sh*t man, go to the store and cop that man. If youreally love your man."
Ghost is even offering "personal meetings" with anyone who brings a CD to a show as proof of purchase.
"When I come to your town, show me that motherf*ckin CD," he said. "Show me the CD and we could all have meetings. I'll take a personalmeeting with all y'all n*ggas every time I'm in the town, just bring mea CD to the show me and show me you did that, and I"ll sit there andkick it with y'all. We can get goosed out, whatever y'all wanna do."
"We can all have a pow wow," Ghost added. "But yo, don't front on the kid like that. I didn't front on y'all when I delivered it man,don't front on me like that man."

Source-sohh

You can read the full article on hiphopisus

Big Doe Rehab was sick as fuck. Supa GFK makes me feel like I'm blowed out of my mind, flyin around the dancefloor of some disco club, shit geeks me out. I bought the album, and it was money well spent, IMO.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.