Ghostface Killah appreciation thread

Aiyte yo,

I never said it before (well on here) but I'll say it now, Ghostface Killah is by far the most consistent Wu soloist. In fact Ghostface is the most consistent rap artist (with that many albums under his belt), imho, possibly in hip hop history.

I personally do not think he has a single bad album. No I didnt think Buletprrof wallets was the greatest album of all time, but even his weakest album is better than alotta ppls best.

For those that think Ghostface fell off after Ironman, fuck you. Ur stupid. Point blank.

Aiyte I'ma hit u guys off with atleast 2-3 tracks from each album. If u havent listened to this mans whole catalog I highly recommend it. At least go through the songs I post and then decide for urself.

Ironman

[YOUTUBE]6gmQZtfx51k[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]yoakxO5taMQ[/YOUTUBE]
^^one of the deepest tunes of all time

Supreme Clientele

[YOUTUBE]eS8OXo9Oif4[/YOUTUBE]
^^one of the dopest displays of flow

[YOUTUBE]Mz0Ruh8Zml0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]kbnIscU65gc[/YOUTUBE]

Bulletproof Wallets

[YOUTUBE]ZEYjepK5oMM[/YOUTUBE]
^^this nigga talkin bout cartoons

[YOUTUBE]pWaXePejLho[/YOUTUBE]

The Pretty Toney Album

[YOUTUBE]Ie358Z0z-4Q[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]93at0g_lQyg[/YOUTUBE]

Fishscale

[YOUTUBE]oIUBb1C25h0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]LH_xG6x-DZQ[/YOUTUBE]
^^this man's creativity kills me

More Fish

[YOUTUBE]nrykRTIGenA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]vb43IxEs3b0[/YOUTUBE]

Big Doe Rehab

[YOUTUBE]81lp_HVMH-0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]pQ_EIwWuV1g[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]6QiVP-x2X9M[/YOUTUBE]

.. yea ghost definitely felloff :amuse:

Casey

Staff member
Ghost is crazy. I think "Ironman" and "Supreme Clientele" are his best albums, but I don't think he got so much worse after that that you could say he fell off.

I'd have to disagree, I think he's just diversified his content. Be more specific with how he fell of. His flow? nope.. His delivery? definitely not.. His story telling ability? hell no. His creativity? nope he still got that too.. Those are the things that make Ghost great.

masta247

Staff member
To be honest I was not very much into his latest albums (from Fishscale and later on). That's probably because of his production selection. I think that Supreme Clientele was my favorite album and he's good on Wu-tang albums But there are at least 4 or 5 Wu members I like more.
It's great that he's doing something all the time though.

PS. You should have added "I can't go to sleep" :D

[YOUTUBE]6P98ixAJOnw[/YOUTUBE]

It's one of the funniest hip-hop videos ever.

again.. even with his production, personal preferences aside, I feel like he just diversified it. I think he had alot more substance on his more recent albums than he did before as well.

You know I was never that big on ghost before (other than ironman and supreme clientele), I always felt Meth Rae and Gza were all better than him. But after revisiting each individuals solo catalog, and as I grew older his music really grew on me.

dont get me wrong, meth rae and gza are all great, but none of them have had the same consistency as ghostface. Nor do any of them have the same range in music.

.. btw Cant go to sleep is great, but I just wanted to highlight his solo albums

Casey

Staff member
I'd have to disagree, I think he's just diversified his content. Be more specific with how he fell of. His flow? nope.. His delivery? definitely not.. His story telling ability? hell no. His creativity? nope he still got that too.. Those are the things that make Ghost great.
I said I don't think he fell off. lol.

TheCat

this Topic is Fact..
great selection of tracks Immortal.

When Wu first appeared i was a Fan of ODB and Deck, but after Solo releases and major dissapointments esp. from Meth and Rae. Ghost is the most consistent hands down and deffinetly my favourite, Supreme is Flawless, i love the production so much.

had to update this thread with the new ghost album releasing.. add em to the collection

Ghostdini the Wizard of Poetry

[YOUTUBE]NvWef-KXyIs[/YOUTUBE]

^^ ghost on his grown man shit

[YOUTUBE]4qvfDgF4Vw0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]36x-S8p4qb4[/YOUTUBE]

.. add 2 more vivid stories to ghost's catalog

.. if ya'll mad at ghost for doing this album cuz u think ur too 'hard' for music like this... fuck outta here, holla back when you hit puberty

peace

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.