Get Tupac a Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame, is gathering momentum

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
As previously reported, there is a fan movement whose aim is to award Tupac with a much deserved Star on The Hollywood Walk of Fame.

We have received word from the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce that everything is in process and the group behind the movement has been invited to submit their application.

While it is early days, there are many ways to help this application and a lot of work is being done behind the scenes to ensure the application is successful.

For Tupac to receive this recognition, $15,000 needs to be raised to pay for the Star. While this could be achieved quite easily through sponsorship from businesses, the idea is that this Star is a gift to Afeni from the fans. Therefore it would be a great gesture for the fans to raise the money. Many fundraisers are being put into place online and on the streets of LA. A donation from as little as $5 would help raise the money in no time.

So let’s mark the 10th Anniversary of his death with the presentation of a Star on Hollywood Boulevard.

For those who are interested in donating there are several ways. A charitable D.B.A. fundraising account is being setup through the city of Glendale for the money to be submitted. There will also be a credit card facility on the website (currently a work in progress) in support of the movement. In the meantime, donations from US citizens are welcome to an official PO Box in the form of Checks and Money Orders.

For US citizens who wish to donate now, the address is

• 2029 Verdugo Blvd
    Box #124
    Montrose, CA

Please make the checks payable to Kamil Beale or Greg Asatourian.

For further information and updates LA citizens can listen in on 93.5 fm KDAY. The official website will be up soon with a wealth of information and with support from the estate, The Outlawz and other celebrities who are in favour of the project. The address is www.2pacwalkoffame.com and the site should be up in a week or so.

ARon

A gift to Afeni, what did she do to deserve anything.
How about a statement to show that Tupac is still affecting millions.

honestly, i don't see how Tupac deserves it. you've got people like Al Pacino and Morgan Freeman and Micheal Jackson on that thing. Pac doesn't measure up to that in Achievements. maybe if he had another 10 years yeah, but that never happened.

really, this just seems like too much. hell, if the brother never died i bet most of'em wouldn't give a fuck bout'em anyway. which has left me to question any and all this sudden love for pac that's happened over the years.

ArtsyGirl

He deserves it because he's made such great music but $15,000 for a star?! Whats it made of? I also think Pac would be more interested in giving that kind of money to people who need it.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Bhuddahhoodlum said:
which has left me to question any and all this sudden love for pac that's happened over the years.

Yep. Being the highest selling rapper, even if we only count those sold during his life. I'd hate to be that unpopular during my life.

Cooper

Bhuddahhoodlum said:
honestly, i don't see how Tupac deserves it. you've got people like Al Pacino and Morgan Freeman and Micheal Jackson on that thing. Pac doesn't measure up to that in Achievements. maybe if he had another 10 years yeah, but that never happened.

really, this just seems like too much. hell, if the brother never died i bet most of'em wouldn't give a fuck bout'em anyway. which has left me to question any and all this sudden love for pac that's happened over the years.
James Dean has one. He only made 4 films. I think it's more to do with culteral impact.....

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.