General Steele of Smif n Wessun - Welcome to Bucktown

masta247

Staff member
One of my favorite albums of 2009 so far.
Steele is one of a few rappers who can keep his rhymes tight after all those years. His style evolves but remains in the very same vibe.
I really like his new album and I suggest you should check it out. It's worth at least giving it a listen.
It's not one of those catchy hip-hop albums but it really, really grew on me.

I was thinking to post my favorite tracks here but there are only 3 or 4 tracks from this album that are on youtube. I decided to post 2 of them so you can discover the best ones yourself. The whole album is constant and there are basically no filler tracks.

[YOUTUBE]OdynD7Jibj0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]AdWFAlKGSL4[/YOUTUBE]

Nice...I'm gonna check that album out. I didn't even know there was a solo album out lol...so out of the hip-hop loop. Smif n' Wessun, Boot Camp Click, OGC is some of the best eastcoast vibes out there. "Bucktown" & "Soundboy Burial" CLASSICS!

masta247

Staff member
Nice...I'm gonna check that album out. I didn't even know there was a solo album out lol...so out of the hip-hop loop. Smif n' Wessun, Boot Camp Click, OGC is some of the best eastcoast vibes out there. "Bucktown" & "Soundboy Burial" CLASSICS!
I also found it a few days ago and was surprised.
I check Duckdown records website from time to time and it was there.
I also find BCC pretty awesome and I think that Steele is greatly underrated. Flow, voice and lyric-wise he should be amongst the greatest.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online