General Conensus on Paul Wall

What does everyone think of this Paul Wall guy? I saw his segment of Making The Video on MTV today and I was impressed. He seems to have a real nice voice, real nice flow and stuff, but only time will tell if he is going to be a mainstay in the game.

What does everyone else think of him?

He pretty much sucks now, he used to be a lot better. He should have never stopped rapping with chamillionaire. His flow is still alright though.

haunted said:
He pretty much sucks now, he used to be a lot better. He should have never stopped rapping with chamillionaire. His flow is still alright though.
According to Wall's article interview in the recent Source, he claims that Cham kinda left him on his own. Wall said it "wasn't a big deal" to him because "sometimes, people just grow apart".

Dogmatic187 said:
After I heard him say "I'm similar to an ant/cause I'm low to the earth" I pretty much knew right there, he wasn't worth my money or time.
Dogg, you can't judge an emcee on one line. You mean to tell me that some of the biggest legends in the game like 2pac, Nas, Jay Z, Biggie, Eminem...none of them have EVER written lines that were mediocre, or less than mediocre?

2pac has written A LOT of stuff that was no better than mediocre, and he's considered by MOST to be the best rapper to ever touch a mic.

If people are going to convince me Wall isn't tight, y'all have to come with better reasons than "this line wasn't hot".

Farzin

I have never heard of him could you tell me the name of the song? so i might download it and give him a listen and/or upload something. Thanks in advance.

BTW welcome back to the board.

Farzin said:
I have never heard of him could you tell me the name of the song? so i might download it and give him a listen and/or upload something. Thanks in advance.

BTW welcome back to the board.
Dogg, to be completely honest with you, I cannot remember the name of the song.

Based on this one song though, he APPEARS to have talent to me, so when his solo debut drops, I'm definately picking it up.

As a white emcee myself, I'm really dying for someone other than Eminem who is white to make it really big, be a legitimate mainstay in the game and really make it.

Another guy that I'm really liking too is Ohio emcee, Epik. He's got an independent album out right now featuring The Game and Stat Quo. Dr. Dre and Aftermath are really pushing Epik hard as well.

Sorry I can't remember the Paul Wall song name, but someone else might be able to help you.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Wall is aiight. Cham is tight we have his mixtape up on StreetHop, Whoo Kid put it together.

Epik is full of shit. He knows the people that run aftermathmusic.com, they are trying to sell his CD on one of their other sites that is why they are plugging him so much, I doubt Dre even heard of his ass.

Rukas said:
Wall is aiight. Cham is tight we have his mixtape up on StreetHop, Whoo Kid put it together.

Epik is full of shit. He knows the people that run aftermathmusic.com, they are trying to sell his CD on one of their other sites that is why they are plugging him so much, I doubt Dre even heard of his ass.
Dude, I KNOW Dre knows who Epik is. First of all, Epik has worked with DJ Focus, who is a producer with AFtermath records. In addition to that, Game is signed to Dre. I'm sure Game had to get Dre's approval to appear on Epik's shit.

I don't know why, but Rukas, you seem to have something against Epik and I don't know why. I personally like the guy and hope he can bring something new to the table.

Also, another thing, Game even mentions Epik on "The Documentary".

I've actually interviewed Epik before, in August of 2004. I put the interview on my website. Epik is the real deal. He may not be an Eminem or a Nas or Jay Z...but dude is only 18 and has PLENTY OF TIME to better himself.

linx

Staff member
Word @ Graz. I'm already starting to like this dude, lol.

I am not a big Paul Wall fan myself. He can make good music, but that's about all I think of him really. I look at him the way I look at alot of the other southern rappers to be honest. Not great rappers, but able to make good music. If it's good, i'll listen. If it isn't, I won't.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Papa Graz said:
Dude, I KNOW Dre knows who Epik is. First of all, Epik has worked with DJ Focus, who is a producer with AFtermath records. In addition to that, Game is signed to Dre. I'm sure Game had to get Dre's approval to appear on Epik's shit.

I don't know why, but Rukas, you seem to have something against Epik and I don't know why. I personally like the guy and hope he can bring something new to the table.

Also, another thing, Game even mentions Epik on "The Documentary".

I've actually interviewed Epik before, in August of 2004. I put the interview on my website. Epik is the real deal. He may not be an Eminem or a Nas or Jay Z...but dude is only 18 and has PLENTY OF TIME to better himself.

Ive mentioned Epik once on here and you think I have something against him? Man if i hated on him all the time that would warrent that kind of remark but one post does not. Get the fuck off my ball sack before I crack wood and break your neck.

As for Epik, he roles with Aftermath music.com staff, who know Focus, who did a beat or beats for Epik. Maybe Foc gave kid the Game verses I dont know.

Fact is I dont care enough about a rapper that one biased site hypes up ALL THE TIME because he's down with them and they are selling his CD to look into his business dealings.

This is like me taking Limn, hyping him up none stop on StreetHop and here, giving him a Fatal verse or putting him in touch with Fatal, and then saying he was down with 2Pac.

Until I see some real releases and info on the dude that didnt come from biased sources he's just hype and a no body.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Oh and for the record:

Papa Graz = jason_g_718 = freshprince = asking to be banned again. I just ran your IP. Fuck off already before I put you on ignore again and ban your IP.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.