Gang-related hip-hop figures?

What specific set were certain people part of? Here is what I remember, feel free to make any corrections or add to the list:

DJ Quik - Tree Top Piru
Game - Cedar Block Piru
Suge Knight - Leuders Park Piru
Harry-O - Bounty Hunters
Snoop Dogg - Rollin' 20s Crip
Daz Dillinger - Rollin' 20s Crip
Kurupt - Rollin' 20s Crip
Tray Deee - Insane Crip
Eazy-E - former South Side Compton Crip/Neighbor Hood Compton Crip (I've read two separate articles indicating either one or the other)
Big Syke - Imperial Village Crip
Hussein Fatal - Sex Money Murder

And then there are others (MC Eiht, WC, etc.) that I can't remember which specific set they are from.

Daz Dillinger isn't a Rollin 20. He says he's a bunch of shit like one day 19th street or 21st street. He can't make up his mind.

Kurupt isn't a Rollin 20 either, he's from South Central.

MC Eiht is a Tragniew Park Compton Crip. Tray Deee is a Insane Crip (an OG).

Kadafi Son said:
I thought Game was a blood

And is Piru yellow or somethin'. I was told Piru reprsent both bloods & crips
piru is blood. it's a little confusing but some pirus consider themselves blood or piru.

piru is red. piru represents certain bloods.

Kadafi Son

DUB CEE said:
piru is blood. it's a little confusing but some pirus consider themselves blood or piru.

piru is red. piru represents certain bloods.
Thanx for clearin' dat up for me. I didn't know there were so many subgangs in crips & bloods. This one guy told me 2pac was piru because of his affiliation with Suge, but I wasn't even sure

THEV1LL4N

piru's used 2b crips, until they got kicked out, then they formed a group called "piru bloods". (let me say 1 thing. they wernt called piru at the time they were crips, cos there was no such thing then).

so they were a part of bloods who were against the crips that kicked em out and rejected them.

sum1 told me recently that bloods and crips r tryin 2 make peace wiv each other after theres been so much violence and murders from the 2 gangs.

is wayne a blood?

they stopped the beef between 2 gangs i thought, a while back.

they had a picnic didnt they :p. or maybe they got locked up in a leisure club overnight and came out all fine and dandy.

I think it may just be between certain sets though, that they called truce. Game and Snoop arnt at eachother necks

Sandeep14 said:
piru's used 2b crips, until they got kicked out, then they formed a group called "piru bloods". (let me say 1 thing. they wernt called piru at the time they were crips, cos there was no such thing then).

so they were a part of bloods who were against the crips that kicked em out and rejected them.
I forget exactly, but that's not exactly how it was. Originally, the Bloods, Piru Street Boys and L.A. Brims were all separate gangs, but around the same time, they were all having beef with Crips, most of which ended up with homicides. The three gangs formed an alliance and pretty much merged into a larger gang, adopting red as their universal color to be the opposite of the Crips' blue.

Sandeep14 said:
sum1 told me recently that bloods and crips r tryin 2 make peace wiv each other after theres been so much violence and murders from the 2 gangs.
That's always been the case, especially after the Peace Treaty over ten years ago. However, it dwindled in effectiveness... many Bloods and Crips still hate each other. Just look at all the incidents between Compton sets over the past ten years. The incident at the Lakewood Mall where Travon Lane got his chain snatched by Orlando Anderson and some other South Side Compton Crips, then when a bunch of the Leuders Park Pirus and Mob Piru Bloods rolling with Suge jumped him in Vegas, then the drive-bys that took place within a couple days of Pac's shooting. Plus on the Game DVD, he talks about an incident where a Crip had opened fire on him and his brother at their old apartment. And there's a lot more, that's just the rapper bullshit.
gerrycurl21 said:
is wayne a blood?
That's up for debate. While he has the M.O.B. tattoo on his chest and wears red a lot, he has both claimed and denied affiliation in different interviews.
gerrycurl21 said:
I think it may just be between certain sets though, that they called truce. Game and Snoop arnt at eachother necks
Right, but rap music seems to have always been neutral territory for rappers of different gangs. It's not like Death Row in the early- to mid-'90s was fighting with each other, seeing how there were numerous employees from different sets.

I know Big Syke Is I.V.C. crip...not sure what about any others...I always wondered about bay area rappers, i know there's alot of blood sets n' norteno sets around that way...but yeah, i don't know...i think wayne wants to be a blood, he just ain't believable as a gangsta...

WayCide-Ridah said:
i think wayne wants to be a blood, he just ain't believable as a gangsta...
Exactly. I don't know anything about his past, but from my viewpoint, he's a good rapper, but his whole style is a rip-off of the West Coast. From him always throwing up Ws (sure, it can be argued that it's for "Wayne" but we all know it started out as "West" or "Watts"), throwing up a sign very similar to what Dogg Pound affiliates throw up (as seen here:
), etc., and now this.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.