Game sues Koch over pre-Interscope tracks

The Game has lodged a law suit against Koch Entertainment and Fast Life Records over the release of albums worth of pre Aftermath/Interscope material.

The lawsuit specifies eighty one individual counts of copyright infringement. This is in relation to five albums Koch has put out, which include Untold Story, Untold Story Vol. 2 and G.A.M.E. These albums were allegedly released to cash in on the success of Game’s first retail album, The Documentary, even after Koch were contacted by lawyers and requested to stop distribution.

“It is unfortunate that Koch ignored our request to halt distribution of Game's early demos," said Game's manager, Jimmy Rosemond. "They are illegal masters that were obtained without the consent of the Game. We hope this will make any and all musical pirates more conscious of artist, like the Game and their copyrights and intellectual property. Koch just released another illegal Game album [G.A.M.E.]. This is a mere attempt to confuse Game's fans as he is preparing to release his sophomore album in June with Dr. Dre."

A source at Koch Entertainment has a different perspective, "Our rights to these recordings are rock solid and legal, which Game's management is well aware of. Game's current management has never made a request to us to stop selling these records and they have no legal ground to do so anyway. Intimidation certainly will not work with us."

The Game is demanding sales figures for the albums, a preventative injunction, statutory or actual damages, punitive damages, costs and attorney's fees.

His latest album, The Doctors Advocate, is expected June 6th.

SonOf2pac

those cds are raw as hell man... "anything you ask for", *drools*

here's what's gonna happen... he's gonna make a lil cash off these albums

and for once i agree wit u *sigh*, i can't wait for the devil's advocate... 6.6.06

i remember jt 'OFFERED' these masters BACK to game and interscope but they (jimmy iovine) didn't think they were relevant because they were old material and that the price WAS TOO MUCH AND JUST NOT WORTH IT :eek:

:eek: Not to mention all those albums are also sold in a Screwed & Chopped versions also... so.. they must be BANKING with his TRACK$

Untold Story Volume I [Screwed & Chopped]
Untold Story Volume II [Screwed & Chopped]

SiGh

Who's there?
Staff member
SonOf2pac said:
those cds are raw as hell man... "anything you ask for", *drools*

here's what's gonna happen... he's gonna make a lil cash off these albums

and for once i agree wit u *sigh*, i can't wait for the devil's advocate... 6.6.06
either way, ill kill u. :fury:

is it really droppin on 6.6.06?

okkk

ggggg ggggg ggg ggg g-unot.....why the fuck they show a picture of him witht he g-unit headband on....dam.....show a ghost unit shirt or sumthin.....

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online