Further reward for information on Biggie's killers

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
A city councilman in Los Angeles proposed Friday to put up a $50,000 public reward for any information leading to an arrest in the unsolved murder of rapper Notorious B.I.G.

Councilman Dennis Zine wants the offer to stand for 60 days in hopes that cold hard cash will inspire witnesses to start talking.
"I am hopeful someone will come forward with information which will lead to the eventual apprehension of the murderers involved in this case," He said in a statement.

Zine's motion is currently under review by a council committee. A 1997 measure offering a $25,000 reward expired after several months.

Biggie, born Christopher Wallace, was shot and killed March 9, 1997, after a party at the Petersen Automotive Museum in Los Angeles. As previously reported, a fresh team of police detectives was recently assigned to the case.

Meanwhile, a former narcotics detective for the New York Police Department has written a new tell-all book about his 20 years on the force, which has included investigations of the murders of B.I.G.

Notorious C.O.P., due in July, was written with former New York Post music critic Matt Diehl and also includes his look into the murders of Tupac Shakur and Jam Master Jay, as well as the ongoing Busta Rhymes and Lil' Kim matters.

In 2001, the force assigned Parker to create "the Binder," a McCarthy era-like database detailing criminal associations and arrests of hundreds of rappers - including Sean Combs, 50 Cent and Jay-Z. When the Binder was leaked, Parker writes, "To the American Civil Liberties Union, I was suddenly public enemy number one."

The author, who is African American, says rappers were better off under his beat. "The cultural ignorance of my fellow officers made them assume that all rappers were evil criminals," he said, adding that the Rudy Giuliani administration made them a target because they tended to be "young, black, rich and angry."

okkk

hope they find him...to my favorite rapper and best all time...R.I.P... are they allowing Ready To Die to be sold in stores again or is there still legal trouble...?

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
okkk said:
hope they find him...to my favorite rapper and best all time...R.I.P... are they allowing Ready To Die to be sold in stores again or is there still legal trouble...?

Still banned. It is available on the net and International stores though. But I guess when stocks are gone, it will not be available.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.