Fucking Chipmunks

Lok

Am I the only one that can't stand these damn Chipmunk hooks?
One of the most annoying trends in Hip-Hop EVER. (Thank you Kanye)
I know it doesn't deserve a whole thread dedicated to it, but fuck it, I almost never complain in here... Stop following the same formula.

For the love of god, stop with these R&B hooks as well.

*bumps Sicx - Dead 4 Life*

Yea i hate them too. Annoying as hell especially when i liked the original song.

Sicx is in prison right? Ever going to release another album?

Lok

Doubt it. No one would buy it even if he did.
Dead 4 Life on the other Hand, oh baby. I just love the old school samples.

roaches

I bet the screwed vocal samples will be the next shit for choruses. Biggie slowed down is the best thing about that Jay-Z/Azteck joint.

Lok

roaches said:
I bet the screwed vocal samples will be the next shit for choruses. Biggie slowed down is the best thing about that Jay-Z/Azteck joint.
That's what im talking about. The South has been doing that shit from the early 90's yet the mainstream doesn't seem to pick up on it.
I'd take a loop of sombody rapping in a screwed up voice than a speed up voice any day.

HellRazor05 said:
I like the chipmunk sound. Pac used it on "Don't Stop The Music" and "Str8 Ballin'". Kanye definitely didn't start this trend, he just does it a lot. I like it, I think it sounds hot. It's good on the Juelz Santana song too.
Talkin about your third aban quote: I thought that was the irony of the title "Thug Angel", so I cant see whats wrong.

Speaking of chipmunk voices, could anyone tell me where this beat is from? I'd ask LM45z but he doesn't seem to post here very much. I love this beat tho, and the sample that it uses is driving me crazy trying to figure out what it's from. Anyone know the song it samples as well? (The harmonica and the background tune)

http://rapidshare.de/files/2242348/2pac_-_Thugz_Mansion__LM45z_Remix_.mp3.html

Sometimes that chipmunk shit can get real annoying, but it suits some songs really good like this one

Mase

I don't mind it on "Through The Wire", it goes with the mood of the song pretty good. Apart from that exception though, I don't like it at all.

Preach

i dont love very song with a chipmunk chorus nor do i hate them all. like people have said, some are good, some are not.

ARon

Nah it doesnt annoy me at all, just another way that rap music is evolving, some like it some don't, but it will bring new ideas to the art, different things will happen, it's not as bad as some people make it out to be though.

roaches said:
God I hope not, I really can't stand anything chopped and/or screwed, If this happens I don't know what I would do...

Don't mind the sped-up vocals at all now that I think about it, just has never really bothered me. I especially like it when it is a female singing the original sample, and it is made just a little faster, not enough to give that chipmunk sound, but just a little higher/faster than the original.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.