FOX buys the rites to Biggies story

PuffnScruff

FOX buys the rights to Biggies story

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050720/en_nm/leisure_notorious_dc_4

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Fox Searchlight Pictures on Wednesday said it has bought the rights to make a film about the life of slain rapper Christopher Wallace, better known as Notorious B.I.G.

ADVERTISEMENT

Fox Searchlight, a unit of News Corp Inc-owned Fox Entertainment Group, said the film will be produced by Voletta Wallace, the mother of the rapper, Wayne Barrow and Mark Sitts, his former music managers.

Notorious B.I.G. rose from the streets of Brooklyn to become one of the most influential hip-hop artists of the 1990s.

In a killing widely attributed to a long-running feud between East and West Coast record labels, Wallace was gunned down in 1997 in Los Angeles, six months after Tupac Shakur, another leading rapper, was shot dead in Las Vegas.

The Wallace family has claimed that former Los Angeles police officer David Mack, now in prison for robbery, arranged for a college friend to shoot Wallace. The family said Mack was tied to Shakur's music label, Death Row Records, and that Wallace, signed to rival Bad Boy Entertainment, was killed in retaliation for Shakur's death.

Earlier this month, Wallace's relatives vowed to renew a wrongful-death suit against the city of Los Angeles after a U.S. judge declared a mistrial in the case and accused police of concealing evidence.

Wallace's relatives have said they brought their suit to shed light on the rap star's unsolved murder. A lawyer for the city has denounced the family's theory as based on unreliable witnesses and evidence.

Antoine Fuqua, who directed "Training Day," "King Arthur" and "Tears of the Sun," is in negotiations to direct the film, while Cheo Hodari Coker will write the screenplay.

Coker, a former journalist, was the last person to interview Wallace before his death, according to Fox. Coker also wrote a biography entitled, "Unbelievable: The Life, Death, and Afterlife of the Notorious B.I.G."

while i have to say i do like the director who they want to shoot the film, i love the movie king arthur i've watched it 8 times in the past week, i think it is going to be interesting who they point the finger at on the murder. i hope they dont milk the east coast west coast shit, but you know they will

PuffnScruff

it most likely would not focus to much on the younger years. it may touch on them for about 15 mins or so but there is alot to tell in his story and events in his life.most of which took place later on in his life. this could be like a 2 hour movie. i wonder who will play big? those are big shoes to fill

i hope this movie turns out to be pretty good... seems like they have some renowned individuals working on this project, i wonder if they will have pac in any segments of the movie?

ToopackShaker said:
he'd be a pretty big person to leave out and only make mention to
tru, but its going to be hard for them to find someone to play him.
well, it wont be hard but it will be hard to find someone and not have everyone on this board bitch about it

whats this movie gon be about? a fat muthafucka makin some dope tracks but having nothing legendary at all, and managed by a faggit king...damn biggie is so much overrated and pac so underrated, if this guy directs a movie on biggie then will we get james cameron to direct a pac movie?

they should get fat albert for the character

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.