Fellow Rappers/Battlers, who you listen to?

Just curious here, for all of my fellow rappers and battlers out there, what artists and songs do you listen to in order to get inspiration to write? Do y'all ever listen to a song and mentally block out the words, listen to just the beat and write something to it?

Shit I listen to for motivation/inspiration:

2pac:
Dear Mama
Until The End Of Time
Street Fame
Blasphemy
Better Dayz
Me Against The World
Ghetto Gospel (both the OG and Em's version)
So Many Tears (One of my FAVORITES)
Ambitionz Az A Ridah
Life Goes On
Hail Mary
Baby Don't Cry
Breathin'
When We Ride On Our Enemies
My Block (beautiful)
Starin' Through My Rearview
One Day At A Time (Em version)

Eminem:
We As Americans
Sing For The Moment
Like Toy Soldiers (constant rotation in my CD player right now)
Marshall Mathers
Till I Collapse
Lose Yourself
Yellow Brick Road
Soldier
White America
Cleaning Out My Closet
Never Enough
Mockingbird
Who Knew?
Bully
Renegade (Royce version)
How Come
6 In The Morning
Loyalty

Kid Rock (Since he isn't straight rap I'll just post his name and not the songs. But I do listen to him a lot for inspiration)

Snoop Dogg:
What's My Name
Gin and Juice
Pump Pump
G'z and Hustlaz

Dr. Dre:
Dre Day
Nuthin' But A G Thang
Bitches Ain't Shit
Still D.R.E.
Exxplosive
What's The Difference
Forgot About Dre
The Next Episode
The Message
Friday

Warren G.:
Regulate, This DJ, What's Next?, Recognize, I Shot The Sheriff, Annie Mae, Smokin' Me Out, Transformers, Relax Ya Mind, I Want It All, Gangsta Love, Dollars Make Sense, My Momma (Ola Mae), Dope Beat,

Young Buck:
Welcome 2 The South, Prices on My Head, Shorty Wanna Ride Wit Me, Thou Shall, Black Gloves

That's it for the most part. Those songs, yeah, I know it's a lot of them, are the songs I look for when I'm wanting to write and need some inspiration and motivation. I also listen to these primary artists when Im SEARCHING for an idea or concept for a song.

So what do y'all listen to?

VENOMOUS

On Probation: Please report any break in the guide
yo aint you that eminem dick rider from detroit who got his picture that you posted on the net altered?

jason_g_718 said:
Just curious here, for all of my fellow rappers and battlers out there, what artists and songs do you listen to in order to get inspiration to write? Do y'all ever listen to a song and mentally block out the words, listen to just the beat and write something to it?

QUOTE]

Shit, thats when i do my best freestylin, when i'm rappin over someone else rappin. :cool:

VENOMOUS said:
yo aint you that eminem dick rider from detroit who got his picture that you posted on the net altered?
huh?

lol if you're one of those Eminem haters who classify anyone who's an Eminem fan as "a dickryder" then no, I'm not a dickryder but a fan, yes.

I liked a few people more than Eminem including Dre, Pac and Warren G.

I can see with responses like yours though why you are on probation and close to getting banned.

BTW, why do you have to spew so much hatred? I mean, your the first person to respond in this thread and you're already posting off topic.

Are you even a rapper?

Rip Pac said:
jason_g_718 said:

QUOTE]

Shit, thats when i do my best freestylin, when i'm rappin over someone else rappin. :cool:
LOL. :thumb:

Oddly enough that's when I do my best freestyling as well. Give me about 4 or 5 Vicodin, a nice fat doobie and some good Pac, Dre or Eminem songs, or some Obie Trice and I fucking' flow like a fiend tryin' to get free crack. :D

My favorite songs to freestyle to is 2pac's "So Many Tears" and Obie Trice's "Shit Hits The Fan". I rock the shit out of those beats everytime. :thumb:

VENOMOUS

On Probation: Please report any break in the guide
jason_g_718 said:
huh?

lol if you're one of those Eminem haters who classify anyone who's an Eminem fan as "a dickryder" then no, I'm not a dickryder but a fan, yes.

I liked a few people more than Eminem including Dre, Pac and Warren G.

I can see with responses like yours though why you are on probation and close to getting banned.

BTW, why do you have to spew so much hatred? I mean, your the first person to respond in this thread and you're already posting off topic.

Are you even a rapper?
where did i hate at.emenim one of the greatest imo but i still think he a soft lil bitch same with dre, the game and even 50 cent to a degree but they have the best roster in rap today.Who is honestly fucking with them buisness wise?

and by the way a dick rider is a dickrider wether he an em fan or not.Its one thing to be a fan but its another thing to be a dick rider.

where did i hate at.emenim one of the greatest imo but i still think he a soft lil bitch same with dre, the game and even 50 cent to a degree but they have the best roster in rap today.Who is honestly fucking with them buisness wise?
OK, well if you're not a hater, and you're obviously giving him props if you say "he's one of the greatest imo", but you came off as a definate hater.

How he's a "soft little bitch", I don't get. And Dre is harder than your dick with Brooke Burke riding it.

and by the way a dick rider is a dickrider wether he an em fan or not.Its one thing to be a fan but its another thing to be a dick rider
Well, where I'm from, "dickryder" is someone who is such a biased fan of an artist that they think no matter what that artist puts out, it is just the best thing out. They listen to anything that rapper/musician puts out just because it has that artists name on it.

That is certainly not the case with me, as I have stated several times I DESPISE The Slim Shady LP and Encore, while half the CD (tracks 2-8, 15, 16, 20) was about what I expected from the album, it was a huge disappointment.

So, no...I don't dickride anyone, including 2pac and he's my absolute favorite.

jason_g_718 said:
LOL. :thumb:

My favorite songs to freestyle to is 2pac's "So Many Tears" and Obie Trice's "Shit Hits The Fan". I rock the shit out of those beats everytime. :thumb:
hell ya I always freestyle over Dre and Obie in Shit Hit's the fan, it's just so easy eh :)

ARon

i buy a lot of vinyls and a lot of em have instrumentals to most singals, so i use those, but yeah, best freestylin is when your in the car drivin along rockin whatever with your boy.

Aristotle said:
i buy a lot of vinyls and a lot of em have instrumentals to most singals, so i use those, but yeah, best freestylin is when your in the car drivin along rockin whatever with your boy.
A lot of vinyls have the instrumentals, huh? Never knew that.

Hurts said:
If I was a rapper i'd listen to real battle rappers and try to learn from em..
There ain't many 'round these parts. Eminem and D12, Royce, and a few others I know of that have no name recognition.

I'm more a rapper than an emcee. I can battle and freestlye, I just ain't real good at it unless I'm real high or real drunk.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.