Favorite r'n'b album of all time?

Casey

Staff member
Janet Jackson's "Rhythm Nation 1814"... more funk than r'n'b, but absolutely fucking incredible nonetheless.

Classic from start to finish, and had hit singles with:

Rhythm Nation
Miss You Much
Escapade
Black Cat
Alright
Black Cat
Come Back To Me

Marvin Gaye-I Want You

I've bought the record countless times, I had to drop almost $30.00 a couple months ago to buy the two-disc deluxe edition, with all the alt. takes and unreleased tracks from the sessions, but it's all worth it. From the cover art, to the arrangement of the tracks (the most perfect flowing record in any genre, that I've heard, aside from A Tribe Called Quest's "The Low End Theory), there's not one bad track on this record. "I Want You", "Soon I'll Be Loving You Again", "Since I Had You", "After the Dance", and my favorite all-time Marvin Track, "All the Way Around".

The two-disc Deluxe Edition includes the full version of "I Wanna Be Where You Are", a cool vocal & bongo solo of "I Want You", and a completely different instrumental arrangement of "All the Way Around", which I'm listening to right now.

Not the most well-known Marvin record out there, and not as influential as What's Going On, but easily one of my three favorite records, in any genre, of all-time.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.